Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 antler restrictions >

antler restrictions

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

antler restrictions

Old 12-22-2005, 02:41 PM

Default antler restrictions

you guys for em or against em?
Old 12-22-2005, 03:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: antler restrictions

They don't bother me after all its just gonna make the bucks you see bigger.
Old 12-22-2005, 06:15 PM

actuly i am agiast them jsut for the fact that the state should not beable to tell some one that they can not shoot any deer that they want to that and it would suck if u was a new hunter comin in to the sport lookin to havest a deer in a state with a let say 4point on each side restriction and a 4 point buckwalks out and u want to shoot the deer so bad and to bealb to havest your first deer, but u can to the state has this restriction,,,i think that u should be able to set your own restrictions,,,also being as i have yet to take a antlered buck,, i would be very upset that i could not take a 4 or 6pointer because the state has such restricitions,,just my .10

Old 12-24-2005, 12:27 PM

im not even gunna start on this one again. i almost got kicked out cuz of an aurgument me and a buddy got our selves into on this. but i think they r no good!
Old 12-24-2005, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like them personally. we use them where we hunt. but we dont go by points we go by scoring of 125 or over.
Old 12-24-2005, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

for some places i think they're a good idea but for othere places i don't care for them. here in florida on our wma's we have a 5" min. on one side and you don't know if you'll ever see another buck the rest of the season other than this one and it may just be a spike but it's a deer but it may no have enough antler and i don't care for fines.
Old 12-24-2005, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

wow my last post makes no sense at all!!!! but i don't care for them. especially in areas that you don't see many deer. so even if you see a buck and have an opportunity at him, if you don't think he'll make the restrictions you have to pass or risk getting in trouble. maybe that makes more sense.
Old 12-24-2005, 08:08 PM

Antler restrictions. I amd for a deer management plan but not if a buck as so many points dont shoot. Those work some wat but a mangament paln is better. If you take young buck that have so many points they dont get to there full size. I will not shoot a buck if he is under 130 in. We try to take as many does as possible and each 1 busk, or if we are lucky 2. But I am for mangment plans not restrictions
Old 12-24-2005, 09:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

It works wonders in area with a good amount of bucks... We used to shoot many spikes and fork horns but it took a few years, now we can even pass up some 8 points...
Old 12-25-2005, 05:53 PM

yeah the only way i go by them is by scoring them. pts dont mean anything to how old and mature a deer is. plus, how would u feel if u took a first time hunter out and out steps a small buck. lets say a fork horn and they wanted to get a buck as their first deer. and u couldn't let them shoot it because they local game law is 4 pts on each side or whatever it may be. that person would be crushed in my opinion, not being able to take the first buck they saw, let alone their first deer.

Quick Reply: antler restrictions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.