Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 High School Sports >

High School Sports

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

High School Sports

Old 09-12-2005, 03:00 PM

Default RE: High School Sports

i dunno, in some schools there are riflery programs so maybe...., but if he means that as a hobby than no it isnt a HS sport
Old 09-12-2005, 05:31 PM

Baseball - Starting Pitcher, Reliefe Pitcher, Third Base, First Base

Soccer - Goalie, Forward
Old 09-12-2005, 07:20 PM

I run Cross Country and am pretty good for being an ex-football guy. i quit football caus you lose too much bowhunting time for it especially during playoffs which is the same time as the rut.
I also LOVE baseball. I play pretty much everywhere but am best in the outfield.
Old 09-13-2005, 03:15 PM

well whatever you want to call it, but we compete in comps. and will whoop KY'sbutt some time this year PSE. i have a buddy who might get a scholarship for shooting sporting clays. he got the #2 spot in the nation like 2 yrs ago. Hunter hopkins. he is darn good and i hope he gets the scholarship.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Buckhunter 17

well whatever you want to call it, but we compete in comps. and will whoop KY'sbutt some time this year PSE. i have a buddy who might get a scholarship for shooting sporting clays. he got the #2 spot in the nation like 2 yrs ago. Hunter hopkins. he is darn good and i hope he gets the scholarship.
Go ahead and whoop ourbutts shooting styrofoam. I put my money on the real thing in the wild. [:-]What college is he going too? I think thats a total waste of a school's scholarship money. Its a hobby and the majority of America will agree with me. Its like calling Darts a sport or photography a sport. Plain and simple bs.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:44 PM

ORIGINAL: psebwhntr16

well whatever you want to call it, but we compete in comps. and will whoop KY's ass some time this year PSE. i have a buddy who might get a scholarship for shooting sporting clays. he got the #2 spot in the nation like 2 yrs ago. Hunter hopkins. he is damn good and i hope he gets the scholarship.
Go ahead and whoop our asses shooting styrofoam. I put my money on the real thing in the wild. [:-]What college is he going too? I think thats a total waste of a school's scholarship money. Its a hobby and the majority of America will agree with me. Its like calling Darts a sport or photography a sport. Plain and simple bs.
You're saying archery isn't a sport? Tell that to everyone who shoots national and international compettitions. Tell that to every Olypmic shooter out there.

Saying that archery isn't a sport is one of the most ignorant things I have ever read in the young hunters forum.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

ORIGINAL: psebwhntr16

well whatever you want to call it, but we compete in comps. and will whoop KY's butts some time this year PSE. i have a buddy who might get a scholarship for shooting sporting clays. he got the #2 spot in the nation like 2 yrs ago. Hunter hopkins. he is darn good and i hope he gets the scholarship.
Go ahead and whoop ourbutts shooting styrofoam. I put my money on the real thing in the wild. [:-]What college is he going too? I think thats a total waste of a school's scholarship money. Its a hobby and the majority of America will agree with me. Its like calling Darts a sport or photography a sport. Plain and simple bs.
You're saying archery isn't a sport? Tell that to everyone who shoots national and international compettitions. Tell that to every Olypmic shooter out there.

Saying that archery isn't a sport is one of the most ignorant things I have ever read in the young hunters forum.
Some people call it a sport but I gurantee that the majority of America will rank it with walking a dog in difficulty. I rank competitive eating over competitive archery. Ive played 5 different M.S & H.S sports since 7th grade and the 'difficulty' in shooting a bow doesnt come close to the difficulty in any other normal sport.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:55 PM

Go shoot at an actual certified compettition and come back and talk. Until you've shot at the level that the majority of these shooters are at, you've got no room to talk. I've shot at local and state shoots and it's a lot more difficult than you might think.

Also, don't speak for the majority of Americans. Until you've talked to the majority of Americans you can only speak for yourself. Don't generalize, it makes you look even more ignorant.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

Go shoot at an actual certified compettition and come back and talk. Until you've shot at the level that the majority of these shooters are at, you've got no room to talk. I've shot at local and state shoots and it's a lot more difficult than you might think.

Also, don't speak for the majority of Americans. Until you've talked to the majority of Americans you can only speak for yourself. Don't generalize, it makes you look even more ignorant.
I dont have time to shoot at that high of a level competitively. I know people who shoot at that level and it takes up alot of there free time. Im too busy playing real sports. And I dont think Im being ignorant in saying that the majority of America wouldnt consider shooting a bow a sport. Thats a totally fair judgment.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

PSE . sorry to burst ur small bubble that you live in , but ESPN did a segment on the top 25 hardest sports , boxing was # 1 , Ice hockey 2 , soccer 3, basketball 4 and archery came in at like # 5 . so if we r talking wussy sports , look at ur football , not even top 5 , that sucks huh....... i mean u get all those breaks between every play , the hits r at a top speed of maybe 10-15 mph , and anyone can run around and catch a football ..... but to be able to range yardage , tune ur bow , use all the special equiptment , that seems a lil more like a sport to me.... im not ragging on the sports that you play , but you should think a little farther into detail. I personally play ice hockey , one of the hardest to play , skating up to 35 MPH on a 1/8 piece of steal , dipping , dodging , carrying a puck , shooting , gettin hit , hooked , slashed , fighting , some plays lasting up to 12 minutes without a break , so it all is in the eyes of the player , but archery , rifle , and sporting clays r all definatley a sport, hell even dog competitions r concidered a sport!

Quick Reply: High School Sports

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.