Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

feeders

Old 12-25-2003, 11:24 AM

Default feeders

Have tried both gravity and elect. feeders especialy gravity ones pellets getting wet and moldy. ones that are throwen by elect. that aren't ly and get moldy seem to keep deer away and tried covers and shields and unless I check every day I have problems.Don't want any thing getting sick.plenty of activity in useage and tried to cut back on amount.any other suggestions other than quiting.
Old 12-25-2003, 03:23 PM

Default RE: feeders

If you want to feed pellets try the purina watershed series. They are supposed to be able to not get moldy like other pellets, but I have not tried them.
Old 01-02-2004, 04:25 PM

there is one feeder that is called the stright shooter that the feed is not exposed,so it will not mold.
Don't know if it will be what you need or not.
Just try putting corn in an automatic and it doesn't mold.the deer love it.fix you feed station for the pellets,only put a little at a time till they get to eating them good and then increase the amount.
Old 01-06-2004, 04:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

You may want to try this type of feeder. The right side is a drum with 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 upside down V's cut in the bottom , that only some much corn can come out. As the wildlife (Deer and Turkeys) eat the corn can keep flowing from the V's. The lid on top is sealed so dampness stays out. Very inexspencive to make.

The reason this feeder is so high off the ground is because of snow levels...BT