Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Bio-logic

Old 12-31-2003, 11:54 AM
Fork Horn

Default Bio-logic

Anyone from Illinois ever try Bio-logic? What were your results?
Old 12-31-2003, 12:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bio-logic

I talked to a guy this past shotgun season here in Montgomery county that planted it. I didn't get the specifics of how large the plot was or what exact brand of biologic he planted but he said the deer have tore it up. He said it was almost knee high in some spots and that there were deer in it every night. I'm gonna try some green patch plus and some clover plus. We're doing two one acre plots on two separate properties. I'm gonna do a quarter acre of the previous mentioned products and am thinking about doing a half acre in Tecomate monster mix. Not too sure on what we'll plant in the other acre. Just decided to do a plot on that property. Good Luck!
Old 01-04-2004, 04:14 PM

its not worth the extra money to buy te name brand stuff just look at the different seeds in them then go to your co op and buy the stuff thats in them you can normally buy almost double the amount for the same price
Old 01-05-2004, 07:18 AM
Typical Buck

There are differences in the types of seeds on the market...
Old 01-05-2004, 07:21 PM
Fork Horn

Most definetly that is true! Last year we planted imperial whitetail clover and the deer just tore it up. This year we just planted a cheap brand of clover and the deer still eat it a little but nothing like the previous years. So from now on it is imperial whitetail clover. But I would like to try some bio-logic.