Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Tick Tubes

Old 05-09-2017, 08:25 AM
Super Moderator

Default Tick Tubes

Wasn't really sure if this is where to put this but it helps the wildlife just as much as it does us.

Ticks are terrible this year so I thought this would be a good time to get the little buggers under control. You can buy these already made from certain manufactures but this is a much cheaper method.

Mice carry the treated cotton to make their nests and it just so happens Ticks will also use mice nests as their own. As the little nasties hatch the Permethrin will kill them. This reduces the population of them greatly in your area.

Last edited by kellyguinn; 05-10-2017 at 07:50 AM. Reason: forgot link
Old 05-10-2017, 02:09 PM
Spike

avon skin so so soft lotion is best thing I ever used to prevent ticks and my farm in ky is a tick haven
Old 05-10-2017, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had Guinea hens for awhile, for real bug be gone birds. The down side is they are really stupid and aren't survivors. Really poor mothers. They get picked off often and don't reproduce well.

My biggest problem with Ticks is Hedge Hogs, you guys don't have that problem. Few animals are more Flea and Tick infested than a Hedge Hog.