Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Deer Feeder Experience?

Old 06-22-2016, 12:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like baiting should be outlawed in those areas then... We had one case of CWD in my hunting area... All baiting has been out lawed for last 5 years...
Old 07-01-2016, 12:07 PM
Typical Buck

Several years ago, I got a feeder for Christmas. While baiting isn't legal here, the main reason I wanted a feeder was for my trail cameras. Well, we had it out for a long time and I can count on one hand the number of deer I got a picture of at it. The raccoons sure loved it, but they weren't the target animal. To this day, I think the reason most deer avoided it was simply due to its location; it was kind of out of the way from where I most often saw deer. That, and the abundance of row crop fields around our farm ensured the deer always had an abundance of food.