Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

food plot

Old 04-24-2015, 08:20 AM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Default food plot

What would be best seeds for a plot in Western NY.
Old 04-25-2015, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pennington Durana White Clover,hardy,drought resistant and takes heavy browsing!
Attached Thumbnails food plot-image.jpg  

Last edited by GTOHunter; 04-25-2015 at 02:37 PM.
Old 05-07-2015, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

We planted our Ridge Top Field edge last Fall,took a 6 ft disc and made it double wide at around 12ft at least 400 yards long and about 75-100 yards wide at the end where my 2-man ladder stand is sitting just a few feet back with 2 trees for cover in front of it.I have a nice thick start of the Pennington Durana White Clover coming up nicely and we added some type of grasses for the Quail & Turkey and some Turnips and Raddishes for good measure!This is one of my Bow Hunting spots and I also use it for Calling in Coyotes!

Image won't upload?

Last edited by GTOHunter; 05-07-2015 at 05:45 PM.
Old 05-09-2015, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Best move is to get with local Extension Agent or W. Va.'s ag university. Both should have great information on what grows well in your . Whatever you decide to try, conduct a soil test first and follow the recommendations as best you can. I have planted food plots for wild game for going on 40 years. Following soil test recommendations is the best advice that I can give anyone.