Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

radish plot late season

Old 11-16-2014, 01:13 AM
Fork Horn

Default radish plot late season

So this is first year for my radish plot. have used turnip plots with good success late seasons after frost, Can I expect the same with the radish plots? deer definetley utilized the greens early on but now things will have been froze/thawed and wilted. hoping they will dig the radishes like the turnips. just want anyones experiences to tell me maybe what to expect, I do know time will tell though. thanx guys
Old 11-17-2014, 12:42 PM
Fork Horn

I have a 2ac plot in radishes and we had our frost a few days ago the deer seem to be hitting it pretty hard, it stays mowed down about 2" high the radishes never matured I think I planted a little to late.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

We've had good luck with a mixture of Turnips and Raddishes in the past,this Fall we planted a double-wide swat of Turnips,Raddishes,with Clover and some type of grass mixture for the Quail,Turkey's and Deer and we also got a late start then the rains quit and it was dry til the end of Sept when we go all got a lot of much needed rain.Everything came up and it got nice and green but colder weather seemed to slow the growth down and it got even colder on Us in November with temps in the 20-30 and even Snow on the 2nd day of Rifle Deer Season.The Turnips or Raddishes never got to make any good size roots/bulbs but the Clover and Grass mixture sprouted and will get any early Spring start and should do very good in 2015.