Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

bleach weed killer

Old 07-21-2010, 08:53 AM
Fork Horn

Default bleach weed killer

i have read this is a great overall weed killer. and also very cheap compared to roundup. and said the evaperate in 2 days

what are yalls opinions on this?
Old 07-21-2010, 11:39 AM
Typical Buck

If that were true we'd all be using it.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:54 AM
Typical Buck

It works great at making my white clover whiter, a little lavender in the mix helps get the deer to relax and take naps in my plots.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:09 PM
Typical Buck

^^^^^That right there is funny!
Old 07-21-2010, 01:18 PM
Fork Horn

1. Bleach – Not only is bleach a spot remover, it is a weed remover as well. Place some bleach in a spray bottle and spray on the weed you wish to remove. The bleach chemicals will evaporate or dissipate in about two days (or less but better safe than sorry), making the area safe for planting. Again, bleach will kill anything but if you do get some on a plant you want to keep, just wash the plant off.
  2. Vinegar – Vinegar is a great organic homemade weed killer. Either white or cider vinegar will work. The acetic acid in the vinegar works to kill the leaves on the plant but not the root. Vinegar will kill back (kill the leaves but not the root) any plant but works best on young plants because they do not have enough energy stored in the roots to regrow their leaves. If vinegar is applied to more established weeds enough times, the plant will eventually deplete its stored energy reserves and die.

thats what the site said
Old 07-22-2010, 04:31 AM
Typical Buck

Sure, they'll both kill some vergetation. But, they aren't at all economical compared to glyphosate. They aren't all that effective either. Let us know if you try, but I think you'll find it takes a lot more than that site is leading you do believe, and the results won't be all that good.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:47 AM
Typical Buck

Yesterday I bought a 2 gallon jug of bleach for $2.50. The day before yesterday I got a 2.5 gallon jug of generic glyphosate for $37.50.

The bleach would probably be handy to use around your house in the city or in your garden, but the glyphosate is probably more practical for any area larger than a ping pong table.