Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Home made tillers?

Old 12-01-2009, 05:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default Home made tillers?

I just came up with the crazy idea of me piecing together a home made tiller for my quad so I can ease the pain for making my food plots next year.. This way I will also be able to make bigger plots.

What have you guys made for tillers? Ive got a few old small trailers that I can take the wheels and tires off of, as well as the axle or what not, or maybe I will just use the actual trailer itself and rig something.. How much would all of the materials cost me if I cant find everything around... I'm only 15, but I think I can rig something up pretty well, at least with a little help from my father.

Show me what you've got!

If I cant rig a nice one with wheels and disks, I will do something like this with a basket of some sort on top to put weights in.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:03 AM
Typical Buck

I'm not sure if what you're calling a tiller is actually a tiller. Sounds more like a disk. Either way, you'll spend more time and money trying to piece someting together than just buying a used one that you know was made properly. You and your father can attend local farm auctions and find used equipment for very little money. The last pull behind disk I saw sold for $25.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

What M. Magis said.

There are lots of old horse pulled and tractor pulled disks out there very cheap. Most of them are too big for a 4 wheeler but some of them can be cut down. Look around in junkyards, farm auctions and the back lots of farm equipment dealers. Find a small disk and make it work.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:17 AM
Fork Horn

Yah, it is more of a disc.