Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Implements?

Old 01-28-2008, 12:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default Implements?

First of all, I'm looking at buying a Land Pride Trekker. Wasn't sure if anyone had an reviews or personal experience with one of these UTVs.

Second, What type of implements would you recommend for doing plots 2 acres and smaller? I'd like to have an "All in One" type of equipment. Thanks!
Old 01-28-2008, 03:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Implements?

Johnny not sure about that trekker. But the implements the Plotmaster have two new units the 3' and the 4'. I have drills for atv's to. If you are looking for bigger equipment I've got all that as well. I'm just down the road from you P'field check my sites out www.gotfoodplots.com & www.shop.gotfoodplots.com

Old 01-29-2008, 09:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Johnny...What do you plan to plant??? A good sprayer and spreader are the first 2 implements you need...If you are planting clover, nothing else is needed...

If you are going to plant wheat/rye/soybeans...These can be spread over a disked area and then disced in to about 1/2 inch and they will come up nicely..

I have used the 4-wheeler disc sold through Tractor Supply for several years...In soft land or land that doesn't have a lot of residue, this is all you need...

Old 01-29-2008, 01:00 PM
Fork Horn

I want to plant clover, chicory, and turnips for sure. However, I'd like to have the capablity of planting oats, rye, wheat, beans, etc.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

You can do all that with the sprayer, spreader and 4-wheeler disc...

If you are going to plant a food plot in the fall I would spray the plot area with Roundup and get your lime out in the middle of the summer, to keep crop residue down when discing...Then fertilize and disc in and plant about mid-September to mid-October, depending upon where you live...

Make sure you don't disc the clover and chickory in, it won't come up...In fact with that I would just spray for weeds, wait 2-3 weeks and plant and fertilize and lime...
Old 01-30-2008, 11:00 AM
Fork Horn

Johnny, he's right sprayer, spreader, and a 4wheeler disc is all you need to plant those. I believe he's in North Carolina. Not the same game as it comes by food plots, and deer pop is pushing 30 deer per sq mile. Your are may be quite different than where I have worked. Make sure it is equipment that your tractor/atv can handle.