logo

Go Back   HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Wildlife Management / Food Plots

Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Old 03-06-2017, 06:23 AM   #11
Fork Horn

I just run over the small plots with my atv tires on small plots try of course to run over all area only takes a bit of time but really tamps down seed to soil
Hatfield Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 05:28 PM   #12
Nontypical Buck

I have broad casted Clover by hand but ended up buying the Seed Spreader You hang on Your shoulder and crank to spread the seed out much better.

I've been using the Pennington Durana Clover and it is more hardy,drought resistant,does well in partial shade and with stands heavy browsing!
GTOHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 01:00 AM   #13
Spike

You could also mix your clover with some oats. That works well for me. Even though my land is a crop farm, I put some down in a pasture near my duck pond, (about 2 acres worth as a test area) and it worked.

I sure hope my kids can get scholarships. I spent all their college money on guns.
hunterdave1277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 06:30 PM   #14
Spike

I use an Moultrie ATV Spreader on several larger fields as well as a the over the shoulder Planters Bag when doing smaller plots. I use a 5' cultipacker to press the seed in that I can either pull behind me on the ATV or use the 3 pt. hitch method as it will go both ways. I prefer the atv method of packing because the tractor can press the seed in to deep. If I have tilled the area, I do a pass with the coutipacker before seeding and again afterwards. On one field I seeded with oats before the first cultipacking then sspread the clover and pulled over it agqain. Neighbor uses his drag harrow and then seedsand lets a rain cover the seed with the slightly loosened dirt.
PHENIXVA is offline   Reply With Quote