Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

grunt call question

Old 09-11-2002, 08:46 PM

Default grunt call question

I have been deer hunting for two years now and want to know and try everything possible. I recently bought a grunt call kit(bleet, doe, buck, and aggressive buck)to try and I was woundering if there is a place on the internet or somthing I can buy where I could learn how to use them by example. I would like to hear them used correcly before I go tooting away this hunting season and scaring every four legged creature into the next county.
Old 09-11-2002, 08:57 PM

Default RE: grunt call question

I believe Knight and Hale has tapes of grunt call sounds.

I am not a hunter I am a whitetail population reduction specialest

remember keep your back to the sun, your knife sharp, and your powder dry.
Old 09-11-2002, 09:05 PM

Treeclimber
These calls are from Knite and Hale and it even came with a free video. Instead of being a traing video it just showed some hunts and other products. I will look around for others. Thanks
Old 09-11-2002, 10:07 PM
Super Moderator

I believe Walmart has videos that will teach you technique.

The best of luck in all your hunting endeavors!!!

God Bless,
Dave
Old 09-11-2002, 10:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

You should be able to buy Audio or video tapes at any hunting store. Email Knight and Hale and ask them for one.

Or try tracking someone down in your area that would mind helping you with your tune!

Old 09-13-2002, 08:35 PM
Fork Horn

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I recently bought a grunt call kit(bleet, doe, buck, and aggressive buck)to try and I was woundering if there is a place on the internet or somthing I can buy where I could learn how to use them by example.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

Go to www.Google.com and search for &quot;Deer Sounds&quot;

Here is a link below.
http://www.fleamarketcity.com/sounds...DeerSounds.htm

I think what you are really trying to get here is confidence, and the only way you're gonna get that is to try stuff. You gotta get into the woods A LOT this season if you can! Read a few articles on the web describing the right time (generally) to use certain calls. You will probably not do well blind grunting, so just wait until you see deer that you are not interested in shooting. Then experiment on them. Do everything with a delicate touch instead of just honking away. When the deer stops, you should stop and let it move toward you. It will know pretty darn well where you are, so just watch. If it starts moving away, contact grunt it gently. Occassionally the deer may start toward you then start moseying away, try turning the calling tube behind you and grunting softly. This has worked for me.

With some tinkering in the woods, you will quickly discover that you will not frighten away deer with your call, and you will gain the confidence you need for when the big guy shows up.

Of course, if the big guy shows up right off and he is walking away from you, you have nothing much to lose. Greet him with a little contact grunt and hope he stops and turns.