Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

The Deer Hunters Prayer

Old 03-18-2005, 08:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default The Deer Hunters Prayer

Here is a poem I wrote in 1988 while sitting in a tree stand. I wrote this poem as a frustrated deer hunter after hunting for many years at this point and never getting a buck. I have sold several thousand of these over the years but wanted to share it with all my friends on here. I hope you enjoy it ..

Old 03-19-2005, 11:44 AM

Default RE: The Deer Hunters Prayer

nice i like it
Old 03-19-2005, 12:22 PM

Nice one, I hope your luck has changed since then (im sure it has)
Old 03-19-2005, 06:24 PM
Fork Horn

wow, that was pretty good. Thnx for sharing i love the ending
Old 03-20-2005, 05:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think that's great. We think alot alike.....must have had a few of "those days" out there. I still love the entire experience regardless of the outcome.
Old 03-20-2005, 07:17 AM

yall know you can buy a full copy 12.95$ pluse shipping and handaling?
Old 03-20-2005, 07:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Fire I guess we have all been through it .. I live in north Alabama and in my early years as a hunter I mostly bow hunted and I seemed to see nothing but doe's and spikes as a matter of fact my son had a auto tag made to go on my truck that said" Doe's R US" ... I hunted very hard in the mountians but just never seemed to see a racked buck ... I took my son hunting when he was 15 and the 3rd time out he shot a nice 9pt .... took a young guy that was a friend of my son and he shot a 6pt ... it got to be a joke for the guys but was very flustraing to me ...one day while setting in the tree I got to thinking "well Lord here I am AGAIN" ... and by this time I was starting to think even if I did see a buck something most likely would go wrong like someone else shooting him out from under me LOL ..well like I said Im sure a lot of us have gone through the same thing ..so as I sat there this poem came to mind ... THANK GOD my luck has changed and I have havested some nice animals in the last 10 years ...but when I do pass on I would rather have an "Old Tree Stand " instead of that "Mansion" because that would be Heaven to me ...
Old 03-20-2005, 11:46 AM

I have hunted for 3 years, (4 years in 2005 season (not much I know)) But I havent harvested anything, I need my luck to change, im having the same problem as you were.
Old 03-20-2005, 03:05 PM

amen i agree hope your luck has changed its happened to me before!
Old 03-22-2005, 06:48 PM

nice poem.. so true!

Quick Reply: The Deer Hunters Prayer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.