Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

SEASONS OVER, END RESULTS..

Old 01-07-2002, 09:19 AM
Typical Buck

Default SEASONS OVER, END RESULTS..

SEASON JUST ENDED YESTERDAY FOR US IN THE SOUTH GEORGIA AREA. IT WAS A GREAT YEAR, TOTAL DEER KILLED IN THE CLUB THIS YEAR IS ESTIMATE OF 96 DEER. THATS NOT TOO SHABBY FOR THE GROUP WE HUNT WITH. NOW THAT DEER SEASONS DONE, IM READY FOR TURKEY...

Edited by - BUCKINTHEWOODZ on 01/07/2002 10:21:33
Old 01-07-2002, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: SEASONS OVER, END RESULTS..

Our club in Southhampton Virginia had a very nice year. We moved up to a 15 inch wide or 12 inch high rule on all buck or the hunter pays 25.00. We killed 57 bucks with 9 of them being under the rule. 7 of the 57 are being mounted. I would have liked to see a lot of the deer that were killed grow one more year. We only killed 5 buck fawns, that is very good because we hunt land were farmers want us to kill does and we have to pick the bigger does as not to kill the buck fawns.
Old 01-07-2002, 09:42 AM
Typical Buck

HERES ONE OF THE BIG BUCKS MY BROTHER SHOT IN THE CLUB..
Old 01-07-2002, 10:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sounds like you all had a great season, Congrats!

The Tazman
Old 01-07-2002, 10:22 AM
Fork Horn

I took one big NY buck and then went South to Virginia. Usually I pick up about four deer the early part of Virginny's deer season and then sit back and relax. This year them Virginny bucks made me pay dearly!

I ended up taking two bucks and two does, and one of the bucks was a spike I took on the very last day.

I lost twenty-pounds this deer season without even trying. Whew!

I went to a public land hunt the last day and saw something I never wish to see again. I'm sitting way up on a hill in the early morning when I look across to another hill to see a hunter walk in with two sons. After about twenty minutes two does walked right up to the guy, about 10 to 15 yards away. I waited for the guy's report and when it came I was sure one of the does would either drop or run a bit and drop. THE GUY MISSED! I mean he plain out and out missed! Heck, at that range one of his boys could have taken the deer with a rock.

I'm glad the season's over. I need a break. Gonna do a little squirrel hunting, then get ready for Spring turkey and fishing.
Old 01-07-2002, 11:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congratulations to you and your fellow club members BITW. It definitely sounds like you folks had a successful season.
Old 01-07-2002, 11:26 AM

For you guy's in the club's with the rack rules, I'm wondering how you can accurately measure the rack width or tine height from a distance? It's hard for me to judge the spread unless thier up really close, like 15-20 yards. Seems to me that you would pass up a lot of shots on border-line deer unless you have a good mental tape measure??
Old 01-07-2002, 12:14 PM
Spike

BUCKINTHEWOODZ
Where in South GA? I hunt near Bainbridge, and we had an average year. 14 Bucks, 16 Does, with 6 of the 14 being mounted. Of the 6 being mounted, the smallest is a 17" inside 8 point.
Old 01-07-2002, 12:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

smokpole I have always gotten really mad when that buck with the 30 inch spread shrinks to 11!!!!! I think it has something to do with blood loss?

The Tazman
Old 01-07-2002, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

We only use shotguns in Southhampton and you do have to take a look to see how big it is. We are trying to pass up that marginal deer to let them get a year or two older. We take jaw bones and weights of all deer and get a data sheet bake from the game dept. Most of our deer are 2 to 3 1/2 years old. If we let them get to be 3 and 4 years old the rakes will be much bigger.

Quick Reply: SEASONS OVER, END RESULTS..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.