Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Lifetime license who has one?

Old 01-27-2005, 08:43 AM

Default Lifetime license who has one?

Just doing a search around the board on lifetime license prices in different states and what if any strings are attached for you. For my birthday this past summer i bought a Lifetime big game license. It includes "i think" deer gun tag, small game, turkey, bear and fishing for the rest of my life for $600. I bought lifetime bow and muzzleloader licenses for $180 each bringing the total to $960. I decided to do this cause im 24 and will be hunting for a long time and with the way this state is it will only be a matter of time before license dues increase more. After Gov. Pataki was re-elected several years ago hunting licenses went up quite a bit from what i remember so I did this to get it out of the way.
Old 01-27-2005, 08:56 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Lifetime license who has one?

I have a lifetime license also for NY. I live in NJ now, but I got it before I moved out of NY. I have the lifetime sportsman license, which at the time was only around $600. I love it. Now being a nonresident, it payed for itself in about 2 years.
Old 01-27-2005, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

No such thing in Ohio .

Boy do I wish we had one.
Old 01-27-2005, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

They dont pay in MN unless you only hunt rifle or bow with just one tag. Im 34 it would take like 25 yrs before it started paying off. So ill just buy mine from year to year this way i can change my mind to hunt with whatever weapon i choose.
Old 01-27-2005, 03:46 PM

I dont know if Michigan has them, where could I find out? If I had the money I would get one for sure.
Old 01-27-2005, 04:31 PM

I would have one if I could, but Ohio doesn't offer a lifetime license.
Old 01-27-2005, 04:43 PM

I don't have one myself but bought one for a good buddy in Nebraska-as much as he hunts it will pay for itself in about 10 years.
Old 01-27-2005, 05:39 PM

I have one here in Indiana. My grandpa bought mine the year before they raised the prices about $300. I think mine was about $850 and it covers everything except for federal licenses and stamps. I am now 17 and will never have to buy any hunting or fishing licenses or stamps. I think that is one of the best things I could have for the rest of my life.
Old 01-27-2005, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a West Virginia lifetime hunting and fishing license along with a lifetime trout stamp. I paid $400 for it back in 1989. I can take 1 archery deer (buck or doe), 1 buck in bucks only season(I can use a bow, high powered rifle or muzzleloader), 1 muzzleloader deer,(buck or doe), 2 turkeys, hunt any small game that's in season, trap for fox, mink, muskrat, beaver, coyote, bobcat, racoon, and anything else in season. If I want to take additional deer I have to purchase additional stamps (archery tags are $10 each, extra buck tag is $10, and antlerless tags are $8 each) unless of course I hunt on my own land. With my lifetime fishing license I can fish any impoundment or stream anywhere in the state without having to buy any additional stamps. I felt like it was a bargain since I was paying $32.50 a year anyway. It has since raised but I'm not sure how much.
Old 01-27-2005, 09:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yes, for Alabama.

Quick Reply: Lifetime license who has one?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.