Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Corn and apple juice?

Old 09-13-2004, 07:56 PM

Default Corn and apple juice?

This is a question for anyone who baits with corn. First of all I dont want to hear anything demeaning about baiting. Thats not what this post is for. I was at an archery shop the other day and saw some "apple-flavored-corn". I was just wondering if anyone has ever tried it or knew how they made it. If you use it, does it work? I was thinking of just buying some corn and spraying it with a 50/50 mix of water and apple juice. Any thoughts?

5 Days til bow season and a new la in WI says we cant bait till the day before season. I cant wait!!
Old 09-13-2004, 09:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Corn and apple juice?

I've bought a few sacks for my wife's "pet" deer in the backyard and they will eat it, but I don't think they eat it any better than plain old corn. If you spray it with apple juice it probably needs to be spread and dried before you put it in a feeder or it will mold. Probably more trouble than it would be worth.