Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Walmart Outdoors

Old 09-01-2004, 02:11 PM

Default Walmart Outdoors

Yesterday I was watching OLN. They had a lot of deer hunts lined up and I thought it be a good way to get the fire burning for the DE Archery opener today. Anyhow, watched 2 deer hunts on Walmart Outdoors and at both places they were hunting, when the camera zoomed in on the deer they wanted to shoot, you could see that the deer had colored tags on their ears. Not hanging tags like ear rings, but tags plastered to there ears. What the F***! Fair chase my Arse. The second show was a gun hunt and the the hunter did bag a deer. Wonder what they did at camp that night? I figure the 'outfitter' got on their computer and checked off deer XYZ123 was killed today so he wont be around for next years breeding session. What a joke.

The Buckmasters came on next and although I've never been a hugh Jackie Bushman fan, at least the deer his kid shot didnt have tags on its ears.

I think Walmart should stick to running small businesses out of business and leave hunting shows alone.

I'm done venting now.
Old 09-01-2004, 02:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Walmart Outdoors

ORIGINAL: Duckmastor2
I think Walmart should stick to running small businesses out of business...
Don't get me wrong, I'm no big Walmart fan, but Walmart never ran a small business out of business. Consumers choices and the inability of some small business to adapt had a hand in their demise. No one forces (thank God) shoppers to go to Walmart over another store and Nobody says small business can't adapt. It's called Capitalism! Sink or Swim.

Not trying to bust your jewels, with this being political year - just a little sensitive such remarks. Hope you'll take it as constructive critisism.

And to the main point of your post. I agree - such "hunts" are a joke.
Old 09-01-2004, 02:52 PM

It's not just those shows IMO. Hunting is a tough thing to portray on T.V. and often I think they do more harm then good. I too get disgusted at times by what I see on these shows. If I find something particularly offensive I'll email the show and let them hear my $0.02.

There are some top notch shows out there but they seem to be few and far between. What I vaule and hold dear is fair chase. If I'm watching a show and I can see it's not fair chase I change the channel. To me hunting is sport and that is not always what I see on those shows.
Old 09-01-2004, 03:36 PM

that is the sort of thing that gives us hunters a bad name and impression.
Old 09-01-2004, 09:22 PM
Fork Horn

RELAX guys. Think of it like this. I raise, band, and release pheasants every year. They would not be their otherwise, I have a great place to hunt. If I had the $$$ with the place to realease large animals I'm sure I would. I'ts not like shooting fish in a barrel. With proper management you can just imagine the kind of place you could build to hunt.
Old 09-02-2004, 07:05 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-02-2004, 09:05 AM

ORIGINAL: Duckmastor2
when the camera zoomed in on the deer they wanted to shoot, you could see that the deer had colored tags on their ears. Not hanging tags like ear rings, but tags plastered to there ears.
If you had been looking a little closer you would have realized that those tags were actually the "falling prices" happy faces.
Old 09-02-2004, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't get me wrong, I'm no big Walmart fan, but Walmart never ran a small business out of business. Consumers choices and the inability of some small business to adapt had a hand in their demise. No one forces (thank God) shoppers to go to Walmart over another store and Nobody says small business can't adapt. It's called Capitalism! Sink or Swim.

Well Walmart has certainly contributed. Walmart has a policy of not paying their debts until the last second that they can pay them and sometimes after (time value of money etc). But many distributors stake their lively hood on Walmart picking up their product. However, once Walmart picks up their product they have had to go hugely in debt to afford the initital production costs. Several have gone out of business waiting on Walmart to pay them cause after all what are they going to do, quit selling to WalMart?
Old 09-02-2004, 08:35 PM
Fork Horn

When are they gonna wise up and take that cr@p off the air.No wonder peta hates our guts with that kind of cr@p on tv.It doesn't show what real hunting is period.
Old 09-02-2004, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

So when you guys shoot waterfowl that has been banded you aren't really hunting, right? Just because a deer had tags in its ear didn't make it any less wild. Wild animals of all sorts have been darted and tagged in harvest studies, reproductive studies, disease control studies etc. If you don't like the show then don't watch it but lighten up.

Quick Reply: Walmart Outdoors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.