Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Scent Control Clothing Materials >

Scent Control Clothing Materials

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Scent Control Clothing Materials

Old 08-16-2004, 01:13 PM

Default Scent Control Clothing Materials

Quick question regarding scent control clothing:
There seems to be a number of products out there made of varying materials, each with their own positives and negatives. I currently own a Goretex Supprescent suit. I purchased it because I had heard that the scent eliminating agents do not wear out as fast other carbon filter clothing. It worked well in its first year. Not sure if anyone else had heard that?

I was thinking of getting my dad a Scent Blocker Plus suit. Any ideas on the positives or negatives of the Scent Blocker Plus material? Does anyone have any advice on other materials or good websites I could learn about this stuff at?
Thanks for any help
Old 08-16-2004, 01:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Scent Control Clothing Materials

I am sure many swear by these and think it makes them a better hunter, but I am not one of them. As far as I know the best & only way is natural-WIND. I prefer to save my pennies for other items and use what has worked for me in the past hunt the WIND and forget the scent loc.

Just my 2cents worth though.
Old 08-16-2004, 02:44 PM

Good read here Seanvan...
http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/tm.asp?m=722545
Old 08-17-2004, 05:05 AM
Dominant Buck

Seanvan ,
I wear Army issue MOPP suits when the weather is cool enough , and they do seem to work , but nothing that uses carbon lasts forever . I get them because they're cheap insurance , but I still play the wind . Don't waste your money on expensive carbon suits , get what's cheapest : the wind in your favor .
Old 08-17-2004, 07:40 PM

im not a big believer in the scent stuff i have seen to many deer just walk up to me when im squirel hunting to worry about wind direction or scent a 6 pointer damn neer kissed my ear last year while i was sittin on the ground waiting on a squirel i think they key in on movement and sound more than smell