Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Barnes Making Shotgun Slug Ammo >

Barnes Making Shotgun Slug Ammo

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Barnes Making Shotgun Slug Ammo

Old 12-19-2020, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Barnes Making Shotgun Slug Ammo

Just saw this, maybe Vista (new owners of Remington Ammo) dropped Barnes.......If true I will try them, as I love Barnes from my muzzleloader as much as I love the Accutips from my 220

https://www.barnesbullets.com/ammuni...expander-slug/

Attached Thumbnails Barnes Making Shotgun Slug Ammo-vor-tx_expander_12g.jpg  
Old 12-21-2020, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't hunt deer with a shotgun but I like Barnes other ammo. I'll be interested in hearing your results.
Old 12-21-2020, 08:23 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BOWHUNTERCOP
Just saw this, maybe Vista (new owners of Remington Ammo) dropped Barnes.......If true I will try them, as I love Barnes from my muzzleloader as much as I love the Accutips from my 220

https://www.barnesbullets.com/ammuni...expander-slug/
I have been using Barnes expander slugs for as far as I can remember, I’m down to my last 10 Federal 12ga 1oz expanders., I did test out Remington’s 12ga and 20ga last year, both groups were touching at a 100 yards with the Browning A-bolt (12ga.) and the Savage 220.

This is excellent news, thanks for the heads up.
Old 12-21-2020, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have used Barnes Expanders for a long time now. Great slug.
Old 12-21-2020, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

As promised ....

Spoke to them around 3pm, the gentleman informed me that production should start between late January mid February and maybe available at retailers by early spring if all goes well.

I asked is this a indication that Remington is dropping the Barnes bullet, and he said they are hearing yes and no, but being that Vista just took control of Remington they haven't gotten a straight answer as of yet, so as of this date it's 50/50.

He did say the Barnes shells and the Remington shells are exactly the same load/ballistics, the only difference between the two will be the 12ga shells for Barnes is blue and Remington is the classic green, and the tips of the bullet for Barnes will be blue as the Remington is gold/yellowish

I did ask, these bullets for both Barnes and Remington which Barnes product is it, and he said it's the same as the Barnes T-EZ muzzleloader bullet