Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Fresh Earth Scent vs. Scent Neutralizer >

Fresh Earth Scent vs. Scent Neutralizer

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Fresh Earth Scent vs. Scent Neutralizer

Old 11-02-2003, 10:56 PM

Default Fresh Earth Scent vs. Scent Neutralizer

I have hunted with both scents and have had nothing but bad luck with the fresh earth scent. I had countless deer turn away from the fresh earth scent before I realized what they were smelling. Since switching to the neutralizer I haven' t had a single deer wind me. I was just wondering if any of you have had the same results,or is earth scent just better at certain times and certain soils? And is there another scent that works better for you?
Old 11-03-2003, 04:03 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Fresh Earth Scent vs. Scent Neutralizer

No scent will always trump dirt smell . I use HS Fresh Earth discs and haven' t had any probs , but I neutralize before applying them . Try making some " dirt tea" from your local woods , it may work better .
Old 11-03-2003, 11:55 AM

I have used neutralizer scent for the last 4 years hunting and have never had a deer wind me. I also use scent waffers made by HS scent and those work great as well.
Old 11-03-2003, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used to use the fresh earth cover scent. Now i just concentrate on being as scent free as possible. Don' t want to introduce something that may be unnatural.
Old 11-03-2003, 03:43 PM

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions,I' ll have to check into these products. I never thought about using the neutralizer and a cover scent. I' ve never used acorn scent but with the acorns in abundance as they are this year i thought about trying it, any of you tried the acorn scent?
Old 11-03-2003, 03:46 PM

I have had great success with either fox or coon cover scents. You do not need much, it is natural in most areas, easily applied to your boots and around your stand.

My own dogs have even been thrown off by it.

Good Luck
Old 11-03-2003, 06:28 PM
Dominant Buck

LIVE2HUNTNFISH ,
I spray the outside of my pop-up blind with acorn scent to act as a cover , and to attract does . Get the does to come and the bucks won' t be far behind .
Old 11-04-2003, 12:47 AM

Thanks Kevin, I' ll have to buy some acorn scent, I just wanted to make sure they wouldn' t turn from it.
Old 11-04-2003, 05:02 AM

I use the White Acorn cover scent waffers by HS Scents. These things work great and are only about $5 for a container that consist of three waffers. I just hang them around my stand and sit back and wait. I have had deer coming up wind from me and still not pick up my scent. HS Scents just came out with Doe Estrous scent waffers so I am going to try them this year during the rut.

Good luck
Old 11-04-2003, 06:38 AM
Dominant Buck

Cleetus ,
I hope they work better than the HS BucRut discs I used last year , those things sucked , and talk about smelly !

Quick Reply: Fresh Earth Scent vs. Scent Neutralizer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.