Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

BIG Power Line Right of Way

Old 10-20-2017, 09:32 PM
Super Moderator

I'd contact the company and get details on what they do, what you're allowed to do ETC...

For example... We wanted to build a pond on ours and were told we could not. But we were able to build a tower stand off to the side.

If they allow you to maintain it, it would save them some work. But they may not allow that. You can always cut it yourself, but they may do their thing regardless of what you do. I would definitely check with them prior to purchase.

They cut it with a large track machine that grinded EVERYTHING up. The first time they came through it was at least 15 year old growth. So there were some significant sized trees already coming up. That machine ran them over and grinded them into chunks. Very impressive.

I haven't been there when they sprayed, but there were tracks left after spraying. So they used a tracked machine for that as well. It leaves about a 20' footprint. It's a large piece of equipment that they run right down the line from one property to the next.

-Jake
Old 10-20-2017, 09:41 PM
Super Moderator

That's what the helicopter looks like...... like I said you wouldn't want to be in a stand when that comes down the edge.

The grinder looked something like this, and it ate everything in it's path....

Old 10-21-2017, 05:13 AM
Spike

I've seen the helicopters but I've never seen that big machine. That thing looks pretty intense.

The good news is, they JUST sprayed the property this past year, so it should be a while before I have to deal with it again.

I will definitely reach out to the company, and I actually put in the contract of my offer that it was contingent upon speaking to the power company.