Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Whitetail escapes hi-fence preserve...legal to harvest? >

Whitetail escapes hi-fence preserve...legal to harvest?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Whitetail escapes hi-fence preserve...legal to harvest?

Old 10-14-2017, 12:55 PM
Spike

Default Whitetail escapes hi-fence preserve...legal to harvest?

If a whitetail escapes from a hi fence game preserve and shows up on my property the 1st day of hunting season, is that deer legal to harvest?
Old 10-14-2017, 01:20 PM
Spike

I think as long as the season includes white-tailed deer and you are legally licensed you'd be "legal". Just hide the rope lead before you tag it and I'd be prepared for some fallout from the owner of the managed property. Are you planning to have the mount done with the ear tag in place or with the big hole it leaves behind? It would help your cause too in that managed property was three or four parcels away from your property too. If you are right next door you should be certain that you can prove the deer was out of its own accord.

If I lived adjacent to a deer farm and saw what I knew was a deer that came from that farm out of the enclosure I'd call the owner. The brewha that shooting said deer could stir up wouldn't be worth killing it and you might end up with more headaches than the deer is worth. But that's just me.
Old 10-14-2017, 01:35 PM
Spike

Definitely legally licensed, mount would be with ears back, my property borders the preserve along with at least 50 other residents (large preserve), and the owner of preserve has been notified and is aware of the escape.
Old 10-14-2017, 02:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Madsosemma
Definitely legally licensed, mount would be with ears back, my property borders the preserve along with at least 50 other residents (large preserve), and the owner of preserve has been notified and is aware of the escape.
Don't know exactly what state you are in but most likely the owner of the preserve has no right or authority to trespass to search for this deer. It is also likely that is is legit to harvest it.
Old 10-14-2017, 03:39 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by uncle matt
Don't know exactly what state you are in but most likely the owner of the preserve has no right or authority to trespass to search for this deer. It is also likely that is is legit to harvest it.
State of Florida
Old 10-14-2017, 03:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Shoot it. If the season is open and the animal is in a legal area it is legal game.
Old 10-15-2017, 03:23 AM
Spike

Pheasants that escape from the game farm are legal game if they get off the game farms land. I would think deer would be the same way. Further more, this is how CWD got so widely spread. Shoot it
Old 10-15-2017, 05:00 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by mikescooling
Pheasants that escape from the game farm are legal game if they get off the game farms land. I would think deer would be the same way. Further more, this is how CWD got so widely spread. Shoot it
My thoughts exactly. A real shame game farms are allowed to continue. Many states including mine have awakened to the risks involved with allowing deer farms or preserves to exist.
Old 10-15-2017, 03:44 PM
Fork Horn

Would be a legal deer in Texas.
Old 10-15-2017, 06:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Shoot it! Deer farms have no use being in business! Hopefully more escape and shoot them too!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.