Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Safety rope

Old 06-26-2017, 06:55 AM
Typical Buck

Good video bornagain that is pretty much the method I use. If its a permanent stand I attach the safety rope and leave it. If a climber or sticks and stand I am removing I use the tree rope and my harness !

As far as getting along I never called the giving the proper info a dead guy that had to be born again because he used the correcy method.

As for being mr duh I'm just glad I never had to work any rescues with you as a partner. We had guys we called oldtimers on the FD they called us sissies for using breathing apparatus and said you needed to be a smoke eater and have snot and corbon flowing after a fire. Well alot of those guys are dead or sick with cancer a fate I wouldn't wish on anyone. I'm glad I didn't follow their advise either !

For the guy that asked the question I hope you got your answer and use the correct method that many hear have tried to give you.

Unfortunately here sometimes you have to sift through the crap to get to the good stuff.
Old 06-26-2017, 07:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yep, I hope he does sift through the crap and is smart enough to know the crap from the good advice he got from most of us. As for you Timbr, I was a fireman at 16 and was wearing scott air packs and going into smoke filled and burning buildings building when I was 16. I also was one of my company's first radiation monitors as a first responder, although we were not called first responders in the 60s. I also worked on the damage control team on my ship when I was in the navy which involves fire fighting among other things. You do not have a lock on firefighting knowledge, nor does it give you a boost in answering the OP's question, instead of getting good suggestions from those here he had to endure a couple of you muddying the water trying to impress.
Old 06-26-2017, 07:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Timbrhuntr
Good video bornagain that is pretty much the method I use. If its a permanent stand I attach the safety rope and leave it. If a climber or sticks and stand I am removing I use the tree rope and my harness !

As far as getting along I never called the giving the proper info a dead guy that had to be born again because he used the correcy method.

As for being mr duh I'm just glad I never had to work any rescues with you as a partner. We had guys we called oldtimers on the FD they called us sissies for using breathing apparatus and said you needed to be a smoke eater and have snot and corbon flowing after a fire. Well alot of those guys are dead or sick with cancer a fate I wouldn't wish on anyone. I'm glad I didn't follow their advise either !

For the guy that asked the question I hope you got your answer and use the correct method that many hear have tried to give you.

Unfortunately here sometimes you have to sift through the crap to get to the good stuff.
Man oh man! You're the only one on this thread that actually told the guy to go with that rope like linemen use and now you come back with that post like everyone is agreeing with your use of a lineman's rope, LOL! FYI the first post I made was a joke that you obviously didn't comprehend or just felt like posting to stir up more trouble. Then you come on with baloney about other members stirring up trouble and chasing members away from the site. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black, LOL! I hope this thread dies right here and I'm done, but I doubt it on the other end!
Old 06-26-2017, 07:54 AM
Typical Buck

And the beat goes on. Don't worry I will eventually let you get the last word.

In fact I never told him to use a linemans rope. I said that bornagains method was a correct and safe method. Then the next post likened it to a linemans rope and said they would never use his method. Well lineman don't just use a loose rope anymore !!

I just hope the guy is tied in at all times and doesn't get hurt because some here like to hear themselves talk !!
Old 06-26-2017, 09:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

This guy^^^ above is a spammer and has made that same post 7 times on different forums trying to sell something since he joined yesterday in violation of two site rules. The MODs have been notified that he needs to have the permaban used on him!
Old 06-26-2017, 11:41 AM
Spike

Default Knot

After all these no one answered the question as to what knots are used to securely tie myself to a tree
Old 06-26-2017, 12:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

You do not tie yourself to the tree. The best way is to hook your safety harness or vest to a line attached to the tree your stand is on, then hook the short line from your vest or harness to the prusik knot tied to your drop line you tied to the tree. I would use a bowline knot to tie to the tree, it is strong and easily untied. There are other knots you could use. Read and look at this.

http://www.wideopenspaces.com/how-to...d-safety-line/
Old 06-26-2017, 03:00 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jose20kay
After all these no one answered the question as to what knots are used to securely tie myself to a tree
Watch that YouTube video I mentioned in s previous post. Shows you how to secure your safety rope.
Use the woven loop that is Standard with any Hunter Safety Systems life line.

Or learn how to tie a clove hitch. Google it.

JW