Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

I lost my best friend

Old 02-22-2017, 11:27 AM
Spike

Default I lost my best friend

Hello guys,

This is my first time posting I recently lost my best friend my father in law. Who was a avid hunter for deer and wild boar, I looked to him as a father figure due to my own father being absent or to busy to head into the woods which is ok we all have a job to do. I am also a hunter but I never had the chance to go for deer with him before he passed away due to a major heart attack. I feel the best way to honor him is to go up to one of the spots and spread some of his ashes and hunt in his honor. Now the problem for me is I have never hunted deer before and was wondering if there is any lodges that you guys would recommend for a guided deer hunt? His favorite place to go was upstate Ny I would really like book something this year. Thank you very much guys looking forward to hearing from you.
Old 02-22-2017, 12:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

That always sucks. In 2013 I lost my father who was my main hunting buddy. Hard to replace some people.
Old 02-22-2017, 12:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

Good friends and hunting partners are irreplaceable, No one could replace my dad who started me hunting and taught me so much, but we must go on. How I miss the days when my dad and I and my two brothers would hunt together for small game and deer.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 02-22-2017 at 12:54 PM.
Old 02-22-2017, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

sorry for your loss
I cannot recommend any outfitters, but I am sure a online search will turn up a LOT of them
I don't think, your really looking for a BIG buck here, more about having a deer hunt and taking your friend out one more time
I would contact a few outfitters that appeal to you, tell them your wishes and see what they can offer you and go from there

if you know about the TYPE of deer hunting he did, that might help with picking a LIKE minded hunt
BIG woods, more farm hunting and the likes if you follow
Old 02-22-2017, 04:22 PM
Spike

I appreciate the kind words thank you...I attend to call and see if there's anyone that can help. Thanks again