Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Why hunters shoot relatives and friends >

Why hunters shoot relatives and friends

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Why hunters shoot relatives and friends

Old 11-30-2016, 03:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

You can choose your friends and done wisely they will remain your friends forever provide no accidents accrue.

Relativities on the other hand you can not choose, they are your relations for ever till death. There are many of mine I could do with out but am not to the point yet I would shoot them. Just stay as far away from them as I can.

Just saying!!!!!

Al
Old 11-30-2016, 04:06 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Improper firearm handling.
That is everyone's responsibility
See something unsafe ...say something.

JW
Old 11-30-2016, 11:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Anyone ever hear of a "sound shot"? There's a specific nationality that hunts around here that shoots at sounds in the bushes. Doesn't matter what it is, they shoot first then go check and see what was making the noise.

I actually found a doe during our season that was shot and left and the Warden thought that was most likely what happened.

Pretty sad.
Old 11-30-2016, 11:17 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by jeepkid
Anyone ever hear of a "sound shot"? There's a specific nationality that hunts around here that shoots at sounds in the bushes. Doesn't matter what it is, they shoot first then go check and see what was making the noise.

I actually found a doe during our season that was shot and left and the Warden thought that was most likely what happened.

Pretty sad.
I will never for the life of me understand why some people do that.
Old 11-30-2016, 11:35 AM
Banned

Pretty sad.

I knew a native american who believed and actually bragged about doing that.
I am happy to say he passed away last year.
Old 11-30-2016, 11:58 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Valentine
Why do hunters often shoot relatives and friends. Happens too many times.
Why ?
They're the only people usually around the shooter. Sometimes the only one. They sometimes over hunt an area. See few deer in the area, even though it's the special place. And who notices the few deer. Friends and relatives who keep hunting the over hunted area.

Many shoot in such circumstances. Who else hasn't seen any movement, in an area, for some time. They have the non-movement area down pat. Snap ones fingers and these are the people who can see some movement, even if its not a deer. They usually hunt only one area -- the special area.
Where you put hunters in your topic, you should replace with it idiots.
Old 11-30-2016, 12:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Anyone ever hear of a "sound shot"? There's a specific nationality that hunts around here that shoots at sounds in the bushes.
Let me guess, Hmong right?
Old 11-30-2016, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

The worst I ever read was in a magazine and a guy shot someone up in a tree wearing a blaze jumpsuit. He said he thought it was a turkey.

I can see strange things happening like a stray bullet, etc... but shooting at movement or sound or blaze orange turkeys - no excuse.
Old 11-30-2016, 02:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by flags
Let me guess, Hmong right?
That's correct, sir.
Old 11-30-2016, 06:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

That's correct, sir.
Kinda figured that. I was stationed in the Bay Area for 4 years and ran into some in Lake County once.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.