Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Got Another 1

Old 11-26-2016, 03:44 AM
Typical Buck

Default Got Another 1

I sat earlier in the week and had this guy pass by right before dark. He was in full rut, stunk like a pig. Florida is by far the weirdest state to hunt. There were 8 bucks harvested in our club last week and none were in rut except mine. At least didn't have signs of rutting.
Attached Thumbnails Got Another 1-img_0061.jpg  
Old 11-27-2016, 08:18 PM
Fork Horn

Do you live there ? I'm in texas, live in azle hunt in Alvord mostly Lbj grasslands, don't see much ,mostly nocturnal- but when you do its usually work the wait.nice deer ,congratulations
Old 11-29-2016, 01:06 AM
fzo
Fork Horn

really nice. hope youŽll get some more...
Old 11-29-2016, 01:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good going, been a horrible year for us up here. The pressure has been intense, I could have tagged out by drowning the deer I have boated past swimming to safer areas.
Old 11-29-2016, 07:13 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats JGFL! Got me an ole nanny last Wednesday! I think my wife was more excited than me that we've finally got more meat in the freezer!
Old 11-29-2016, 09:47 AM
Typical Buck

What criteria do you use to confirm if a buck is rutting or not?
Old 12-01-2016, 04:10 AM
Typical Buck

Yes I live in Jacksonville, hunt in St.Augustine. It has been a great year for deer 3 bucks and 4 does. Last year was 1 buck. The pressure is getting the same way here and I've been hearing Nothing has been happening. I look for the dark tarsal gland and swollen body/neck are pretty good indicators. Also seeing the doe he was trailing was pretty solid. I saw the doe 30 seconds before and then he stepped out nose to ground. I highly dought anymore is going on now. Northeast Florida rut is really really different. The main rut here is last week of August until 1st week of September and maybe a few days into the second week. Then secondary rut usually kicks in last week October through middle of 2nd week November. And our season starts September 17. We are very lucky to even get bucks harvested the way the season is. Usually hunters drool over the rut. Here, most of us are just wanting the season to start because our window of opportunity is very slim.