Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Bummer! I'm missing my buck permit >

Bummer! I'm missing my buck permit

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Bummer! I'm missing my buck permit

Old 09-27-2016, 09:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Bummer! I'm missing my buck permit

I was issued 2 permits by IL DNR. One an antlerless-only and one an either sex. They have always came same day in mail, in seperate envelopes. This year? One envelope. I figured maybe they had gotten smart and were saving $ by using one envelope. Nope. I just got one permit and it was the antlerless-only. I waited a while to see if it would come but it hasn't so I'll have to pay them additional money to get another permit re-issued.
Old 09-27-2016, 11:02 AM
Typical Buck

Hey Illinois is broke ! they gotta make some funds some how, May as well be on the backs of sportsman !
Old 09-27-2016, 11:45 AM
Dominant Buck

I hunted it as a non resident a couple of times. Expensive place to hunt with some weird rules for applying for tags. Nice deer though.
Old 09-27-2016, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander
I hunted it as a non resident a couple of times. Expensive place to hunt with some weird rules for applying for tags. Nice deer though.
You aint kiddin about EITHER. I remember the first time I applied as a Res. here. I was like "I gotta do what???" Pain in the arse to put it mildly.
Old 09-28-2016, 03:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Michigan is so easy, as an really old fart I walk into LGS, wal mart Meijer's hardware store hand them my drivers license tell them I want a combo (2 buck tags) fire arm deer license. Pay my senior $28.00 and walk out the door. My area has a 5 doe a day limit over the counter license's also same method, but you have to do it every day till you get all you want.

Al
Old 09-28-2016, 04:37 AM
Dominant Buck

Vermont is real easy especially for someone over 64. A one time fee of 50 bucks buys you a lifetime hunting and fishing tag with all the appropriate tags like bear, deer, small game, archery, ML, and turkey. Those tag fees normally are around $100 for each year. The only added tag fee is if someone wants an additional archery tag. On Jan 1 each year you go to the VT F&W department web site put in your custom number, hit renew (all at no charge) and print and it all comes out on a sheet of paper. I keep a copy in the truck, boat and one in my wallet.
Old 09-28-2016, 10:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander
Vermont is real easy especially for someone over 64. A one time fee of 50 bucks buys you a lifetime hunting and fishing tag with all the appropriate tags like bear, deer, small game, archery, ML, and turkey. Those tag fees normally are around $100 for each year. The only added tag fee is if someone wants an additional archery tag. On Jan 1 each year you go to the VT F&W department web site put in your custom number, hit renew (all at no charge) and print and it all comes out on a sheet of paper. I keep a copy in the truck, boat and one in my wallet.
Wow that's sweet!
Old 09-28-2016, 11:48 AM
Dominant Buck

Yes it is but does come at an indirect cost. Vermont is a very expensive state to call home. But home is where it is at least for me. I love Vermont just the way it is.
Old 09-28-2016, 03:31 PM
Typical Buck

Stories like this make me glad I live in Tennessee.
Old 09-28-2016, 08:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

The additional money is $3 so it isn't like it's a crime. I do feel that it is their responsibiblity to get it to me. Probably lost in the USPS system somehow is my guess.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.