Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Mobile Apps & Hunting

Old 09-05-2016, 02:22 PM
Spike

Default Mobile Apps & Hunting

Who is using mobile apps for deer hunting this year? Which one(s) are you using? What features do you use most and how? Would love to hear your thoughts ...
Old 09-05-2016, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't done it on my phone, but I use Google Earth all the time to plan hunts.

Here's an article with more apps than one would ever need, as a decent description of some of them. Your thread question has me wondering if I should download one of these:
http://www.advancedhunter.com/35-bes...ndroid-iphone/
Old 09-05-2016, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I mainly use The Weather Channel, Google Earth, and Texting to see what my buddies are seeing.
Old 10-23-2016, 05:58 PM
Spike

Check out the Quiver Hunting App. It gives you current weather, sunrise & sunset, wind speed and direction along with barometric pressure.

You can also track individual hunts and log deer activity almost like a journal. It's free too! https://itunes.apple.com/app/id982722720
Old 10-24-2016, 03:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

The only mobile apps I use are show leather and binos. Old school still works and it has always worked. Keep the technology, I'll do it the old fashioned way.
Old 10-26-2016, 06:25 AM
Banned

I use and only use scout look. Shows your scent cone, wind speed, direction, current and forecasted weather, major and minor deer movement times, peak feeding times, and it lets you choose stand sites right there using google maps. So you can have all your stands show up! You can also log what you've seen and it creates a pattern for you.
Old 10-26-2016, 07:24 AM
Typical Buck

I use hunt predictor for wind, barometer, temps, moon phase and supposed to give semi- accurate times of movement. I don't really pay a lot of attention to movement chart cause you cant kill em from home. Gives a detailed map, and lets you drop pins in spots to save.
Old 10-26-2016, 08:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Muzzleloaderhunter
I use and only use scout look. Shows your scent cone, wind speed, direction, current and forecasted weather, major and minor deer movement times, peak feeding times, and it lets you choose stand sites right there using google maps. So you can have all your stands show up! You can also log what you've seen and it creates a pattern for you.
I use this too.
Old 10-30-2016, 04:17 AM
Spike

Try huntstand app, it is great, it will show property lines and who owns them, Where i hunt we have no wifi or cell service at all, and this app gets use thro with no problem, its free and works great,
Old 10-30-2016, 05:16 AM
Banned

I only have one mobile app THAT i use for hunting . it's called
gitoffjorepostereiorandgohunt