Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Annoying new hunter questions... >

Annoying new hunter questions...

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Annoying new hunter questions...

Old 07-27-2016, 02:44 PM
Spike

Well alleyyooper I live in the L.P of Michigan, and yes a lot of people hunt that way not all but a lot !!
Old 07-27-2016, 04:57 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Rpcross45
Thanks fellas! Great tips forgot to mention I do have myou hunters safety course license. And the hunting clubs here are full of grumpy old menough to be honest lol. I'm gonna be a weekend warrior nothing crazy just a nice doe or buck will keep me happy. I just love the idea of harvesting your own food. It's so organic and back to human nature's roots.
Let her rip. It's just that easy in MD. It's unlimited for the amount of deer you can take in many parts of MD for a reason. Heck, you're allowed to shoot all you want with a bow ie empty your quiver and then go check them in.
Old 07-28-2016, 01:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

I would be shocked to go to a Gas station north of a line from Detroit to Benton Harbor and not see pallets of bagged corn, apples, carrots and sugar beets from Mid September till the New year. There are that many in Michigan that deer hunt that way.
When it was banned a few years back that is what all the whining was at sportsman clubs where we were shooting clays.
Know a guy that takes 2 semi loads of apples to the UP each year early Oct and 3 during early Nov and sells out by Thanksgiving.

Seems it has became the new way of what they call hunting in Michigan these days.

Yes sportsman clubs are full of grumpy old men and some women too. They get that way from young people who run their mouth so much and do not listen. Just Yap Yap about being green and organic and other yuppie crap.

Al
Old 07-28-2016, 08:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

As EVERYONE suggests; first thing is take your Hunter's Safety course.

Buddy-up with one of the older guyz that seem to know his way around town.

Keep in touch with us along the way.........................??
Old 07-29-2016, 02:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Ya the old guy that knows his way around town knows the place with the best bait prices LOL.

I would prefer a old fellow that knew the way of animals and his way around a wood lot.

Al
Old 07-29-2016, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Rpcross45
Thanks fellas! Great tips forgot to mention I do have myou hunters safety course license. And the hunting clubs here are full of grumpy old menough to be honest lol. I'm gonna be a weekend warrior nothing crazy just a nice doe or buck will keep me happy. I just love the idea of harvesting your own food. It's so organic and back to human nature's roots.
Good luck,but listen to older guys. Weekend Warriors usually go empty handed.
Old 07-30-2016, 06:24 AM
Typical Buck

Along with the Hunters Safety course get a book of the regulations for your state and area and read it several times. Be aware using bait is illegal in some states. In Virginia all "bait" must be removed from the hunting area by September 1 even if stores are still selling it. One kernel of corn can get you in trouble.
Old 07-30-2016, 09:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by alleyyooper

I would prefer a old fellow that knew the way of animals and his way around a wood lot.

Al
Alley

"Knows his way around town" is merely a figure of speech for knows that he is doing !
Old 07-31-2016, 01:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Just saying.

Every been to Marinette Wisconsin? One block off the main drag of US 35 homes are only about 15 feet apart. First and only deer in my life I hit with a car came from between those homes one block off 35 about 2:00am one morning.
So knowing the way around town may not be all bad

Al
Old 08-01-2016, 02:59 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by hookeye
I do not like hunting field edges. Have taken deer there, and seen plenty.
But prefer the woods, and creek bottoms with thick cover.
Bingo, I like hunting in thick thick areas where there are very few shooting lanes with my bow. Bucks enjoy hanging out there and are real comfortable moving through them. It's amazing how they can slip right through that stuff not hitting a branch. I only need them to walk into one of the lanes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.