Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Help

Old 05-30-2016, 06:04 PM
Spike

Default Help

I had left my deer meat in the fridge since Friday but had to leave out of town and just came back today (sunday) I was wondering if I can put it in the freezer I won't have time this week to make anything thing
Old 05-30-2016, 06:38 PM
Super Moderator

Yes, you can refreeze it. Although it may not be as good as it was the first time thawed. My experience is that refreezing meat makes the quality go down. But it's better than throwing it out.
-Jake
Old 05-31-2016, 01:40 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
Yes, you can refreeze it. Although it may not be as good as it was the first time thawed. My experience is that refreezing meat makes the quality go down. But it's better than throwing it out.
-Jake
Thank you appreciate the help
Old 05-31-2016, 03:59 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Aflores2726
Thank you appreciate the help
Just wondering how is doing the jerky process goes would you know
Old 06-01-2016, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator

Do a quick google search and you'll find lots of jerky recipes. I have done everything from using whatever I have in the fridge to marinate it then dry it in the oven until it looks right, to using store bought kits and using a dehydrator. Basically cut it into thin strips, marinate it or buy a cure and seasoning packet at the store to use, then dry it out... either in the oven or a dehydrator if you have one. Lots of info on this if you do a search online.
-Jake
Old 06-02-2016, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator

I like making my own marinade but I am a big fan of the Backwoods seasonings for deer. High Mountain seasoning are really good on beef but I didn't care for it with deer meat.