Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Calling all Hunters - Need your help! >

Calling all Hunters - Need your help!

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Calling all Hunters - Need your help!

Old 05-05-2016, 05:57 AM
Spike

Default Calling all Hunters - Need your help!

Good morning to all of you on huntingnet forum goers,

I'm writing you because I need help with a school project as part of my MBA program at the U of I. I

I have permission to post this from CalHunter and the administrators of this forum.

This is a brief survey that is about a specific piece of hunting gear and whether or not you use it or would want to use it. We are also hoping to gain some insight to the strength of the brand name and any marketing opportunities.

Here is the link

http://goo.gl/forms/T6IpB2aA2I

I know surveys stink but I would very much appreciate any help you can give me. We have been struggling to get hunters to help us out so please help.

Thank you and have a great day!
Old 05-05-2016, 06:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am not going to do the survey however I will say two things. There are already good field dressing gloves on the market, both disposable and reusable and I don't think reinventing the wheel will be profitable. Lastly, why would you come up with a name like the "Gut Glove"? A good product doesn't need a goofy name, it just has to work.
Old 05-05-2016, 07:02 AM
Spike

Well honestly it's not my product or my idea. This is a company my group got assigned to. We are doing our best to help determine if they can expand within the hunting segment. They are currently profitable and have been in business for 3 years.

We as a group and not representatives of this company welcome any and all feedback. We would really appreciate if it was within the survey so we can use that information in our final paper. We are developing a full fledged marketing plan document which is 20+ pages long and we need some consumer data.

Thank you to anyone who is kind enough to take this for us.
Old 05-05-2016, 05:13 PM
Fork Horn

It would probably help to explain how this project ties into your degree because a lot of people might still be skeptical. Like introduce yourself. Hi my name is "Joe Smo" I am currently attending "this place" to get my masters in Business Administration with an undergrad in marketing or something like that to help the forum members feel a little at ease to your project. So they know why this is coming off as a promotion of the company etc...
Old 05-05-2016, 05:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

I took the survey, but I really question how that survey is going to do anything like the OP mentioned. It especially looked more like a classified ad in the wrong area when I got to the video section of the survey. After doing the entire survey I have to confess that I am now pretty well in agreement with the statements that Oldtimr made in his post.
Old 05-05-2016, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator

Filled the survey out. Good luck with your project and hope you get some usable data from this site.
-Jake
Old 05-05-2016, 08:16 PM
Super Moderator

The survey is approved. I took the survey and posted some of the same observations within the survey, particularly about the chosen name. I also suggested a more traditional name under that question in the survey. Thanks to the members who took the survey.
Cal
Old 05-06-2016, 04:45 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Brandon_SPC
It would probably help to explain how this project ties into your degree because a lot of people might still be skeptical. Like introduce yourself. Hi my name is "Joe Smo" I am currently attending "this place" to get my masters in Business Administration with an undergrad in marketing or something like that to help the forum members feel a little at ease to your project. So they know why this is coming off as a promotion of the company etc...
It's part of my marketing class in my MBA program. We are acting as marketing consultants for this company. The program is through the university of Illinois. It's all night classes for people who have full time jobs and families. There isn't a specific concentration such as marketing, accounting, or finance, it's slightly more broad scope than the typical full time masters programs that most students would take immediately following their undergrad.

It's really not meant to be an ad or a promotion of the product. I picked this forum hoping to get some real hunters views to help us out.

Our main concern with this company is that they are wanting to turn from the hunting market and moved towards marketing their product towards sewage and waste management. Basically focusing on business to business sales instead of their core niche hunting market.

We believe that they still have untapped potential among hunters but we need evidence to support that, hence the survey. Also we are wondering if they should change their name or not and how the options of names are perceived by people in general.

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
I took the survey, but I really question how that survey is going to do anything like the OP mentioned. It especially looked more like a classified ad in the wrong area when I got to the video section of the survey. After doing the entire survey I have to confess that I am now pretty well in agreement with the statements that Oldtimr made in his post.
I apologize about the video. I can see how that may come off as an ad. The reason I included it was to see whether or not these type of youtube videos are an effective way for them to advertise because of budget limitations.

I know surveys are sketchy and I apologize. I honestly am just trying to get this project done and move on with my life lol. Are other options were to work with some random coffee shop or a tech firm developing a camera app. We felt that this hunting glove was the best option for us but it has proven challenging.

Originally Posted by CalHunter
The survey is approved. I took the survey and posted some of the same observations within the survey, particularly about the chosen name. I also suggested a more traditional name under that question in the survey. Thanks to the members who took the survey.
Cal
Thank you Cal I really appreciate your support!

I hope I was able to clarify some things for you all and I realize it may come off like I'm trying to sell you something but I promise you I am not. I contacted cal prior to posting this and had the survey reviewed by administrators. I'm part of several forums myself and I know it's rather annoying to have people go about this sort of thing in the wrong way.

I really do appreciate any and all feedback on this problem. I wish I had more time to redevelop this survey (we were basically given 24 hours to develop it) based on the feedback we have so far. I wish I could slightly restructure the questions because some of you have made some really good points. Unfortunately it's a bit late for that as we will be finalizing our recommendations this weekend with our presentation looming on Wednesday.

Thanks again everyone who took the time to fill this out. I wish I could give more than my gratitude but alas I am but an indebted grad student surviving off ramen noodles and salt packets.
Old 05-06-2016, 05:07 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by smolson
but alas I am but an indebted grad student surviving off ramen noodles and salt packets.
I've been there. I graduated with two packets of Ramen noodles left over. Almost five years later I still have two packets of Ramen noodles in the closet. Just can't bring myself to eat them again! And they serve as a reminder of what it took to get to this point lol. Thanks for the clarification on the survey. And remember folks, even if you feel negatively about the product, the name, the video etc.. That's valuable information for their survey. Saying "I read the survey, didn't like it and didn't put any info down." doesn't help at all. The survey is designed to gather both positive and negative thoughts.
-Jake
Old 05-06-2016, 06:30 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
I've been there. I graduated with two packets of Ramen noodles left over. Almost five years later I still have two packets of Ramen noodles in the closet. Just can't bring myself to eat them again! And they serve as a reminder of what it took to get to this point lol. Thanks for the clarification on the survey. And remember folks, even if you feel negatively about the product, the name, the video etc.. That's valuable information for their survey. Saying "I read the survey, didn't like it and didn't put any info down." doesn't help at all. The survey is designed to gather both positive and negative thoughts.
-Jake
Thanks for the support! I don't blame you for not wanting to eat those noodles either lol. There's comes a time where you just can't do that to yourself anymore

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.