Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

My season is done

Old 01-04-2016, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Deer season ended yesterday. My freezer ended up full this year so it has been a successful season. Still waiting on the taxidermist to get my European mount on the buck I got. I have two coyote skins saved and will be looking to get more to sell to the local fur buyer....I can shoot coyotes till the end of February and am planning some local hunts. I spent a day last weekend cleaning all my guns.

Ice fishing probably will not be possible with the weather. I might do some squirell and rabbit hunting. I will definelty find time to reload during the winter months. Before long it will be spring turkey season and fishing. Then scounting and prepping hunting areas and months of target practice. The longer I do this I find that it really never ends for me.
Old 01-05-2016, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Plenty of outdoor activities. We will continue to prowl the woods learning about critters, tracking and plants. Rabbit season goes until 3/31 and soon after the wood chucks will be coming out of hibernation.

And then there's fishing. Ahhh - fresh catfish, caught by little girls, and cooked in many different ways.
Old 01-05-2016, 11:51 AM
Dominant Buck

First day out on the ice today for me. Didn't catch much but it was great to be out.
Old 01-17-2016, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

January 1st I start hiking for Shed Antlers. I also keep some trail cams out at the farm - and I hike in every three weeks or so to check the place and swap out cards.

CI - I was sad to see your signature: "I raise this glass in tribute to old friends...Davidmil and Rickmur. Two of the originals who made this place great. Rest in Peace"

I used to post here a lot back in the early days especially -and remember them both well, and I remember you and many others here as well - I had gotten away from the online community for a good while - thinking I may check in again every so often.
Old 01-22-2016, 12:12 AM
Spike

Deer hunting simulator 2016 for PC?
Old 01-26-2016, 07:01 AM
Spike

Deer season just ended in my part of Florida, but spring turkey season is right around the corner and we can hunt hogs all year round here.
Old 01-29-2016, 11:48 AM
Spike

When deer season here closes I usually go look for some sheds, they usually start shedding a couple weeks after our late archery season. I've found 9 sheds so far this year.
Old 02-01-2016, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mine wrapped up yesterday. At age 67, about any season experienced is a good season.

For me it was a tough season as far as hunting conditions .... very warm all season long with only a few days near freezing. And it was exceptionally wet. I struggled to find deer on the move. It was just as weird a weather season as I have seen in a long, long time.

On a personal level, I filled my freezer with and gave away plenty of doe meat .... and I killed a very nice , heavy bodied, 11 point buck that has been scored at a 154 1/2" gross, B&C. Not bad for down this way. The nicest buck I have taken from this property in 20 or so years hunting it.

My tracking dog had a great year too. She found 6 deer for one hunter or another (including one of mine) and failing to find only one deer that was believed by the shooter to have been hit .... but 5 of us guys + my pooch never found a single drop of blood or any sign of the deer being hit.

On the down side .... the weekend my niece came to hunt with me, I failed to put her on a single deer !
Old 02-02-2016, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cotton-tail, with the occasional snow-shoe/ grouse till Feb 28th.
Old 02-04-2016, 04:30 PM
Spike

The ice was late-late coming here in Michigan, the fishing is slow so I do a lot of dreaming of next deer season, I know it is going to be a great one, I just know it is !!!