Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Blaze Pink coming to the woods near you? >

Blaze Pink coming to the woods near you?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Blaze Pink coming to the woods near you?

Old 12-09-2015, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Blaze Pink coming to the woods near you?

The topic of Blaze pink here in Wisconsin came up again. When it was passed out of an Assembly Committee on Oct. 28.
With little comment other than, "its a very clean bill" according to Rep. Al Ott, R- Forest Junction, Wisconsin.

Is this the Future of deer hunting in Wisconsin?
We can't get a bill through to rid ourselves of back tags.
We are stuck with 9 days of gun deer season while other states around us have much longer seasons. Minnesota is 16 days continuous. Michigan is 16 days.
But we CAN get Blaze Pink passed with no comment from our elected representatives. Regardless of the years of training we have gone through to recognize one color as that of another hunter.
Old 12-10-2015, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sconnyhunter
The topic of Blaze pink here in Wisconsin came up again. When it was passed out of an Assembly Committee on Oct. 28.
With little comment other than, "its a very clean bill" according to Rep. Al Ott, R- Forest Junction, Wisconsin.

We are stuck with 9 days of gun deer season while other states around us have much longer seasons. Minnesota is 16 days continuous. Michigan is 16 days.
But we CAN get Blaze Pink passed with no comment from our elected representatives. Regardless of the years of training we have gone through to recognize one color as that of another hunter.
Well, gays can get married now. Shouldn't they be able to hunt too?
Old 12-10-2015, 12:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

It would take a tough man to wear pink in the woods in hunting season.
Old 12-10-2015, 05:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cr422;4ying that gays counld mar232451
Well, gays can get married now. Shouldn't they be able to hunt too?
There wasn't a law saying gays couldn't marry before. They just couldn't marry each other.
They can wear orange if they want to hunt.
Old 12-10-2015, 06:15 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Sconny get your facts straight the Blaze Pink Option was squashed and Blaze Pink will not be allowed in WI. Blaze Orange for all stays in place.

CR422 what does Blaze Pink have do with Gays. Am I missing something. The Pink issue has to do more with women hunting today than with gays.
You make a rather offensive comment.
Look at all that pink Camo on the market today which is all geared at women.

JW
Old 12-11-2015, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default I'll go back to-

red and black wool small squares.
Old 12-11-2015, 07:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Why would it be coming to me? I don't hunt WI.I hunt TX and CO. What WI does has no bearing on any other state.
Old 12-11-2015, 09:17 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by sconnyhunter

Sad that it seems like that is at the top of their legislation. Our season down here from deer is from October 24th-March 1st with a few weeks of being closed. I wish we were allowed to shoot does on public land during a firearms season but we can't down here.

But on the other hand I see nothing wrong with allowing blaze pink, maybe it will be an incentive/motivator for women to try and venture off in the woods.
Old 12-11-2015, 04:37 PM
Spike

Isn't blaze pink visible to deer?
Old 12-11-2015, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by JW
Sconny get your facts straight the Blaze Pink Option was squashed and Blaze Pink will not be allowed in WI. Blaze Orange for all stays in place.

CR422 what does Blaze Pink have do with Gays. Am I missing something. The Pink issue has to do more with women hunting today than with gays.
You make a rather offensive comment.
Look at all that pink Camo on the market today which is all geared at women.

JW

The article I took the quote from was in the Wisconsin Outdoor News, Nov. 13, 2015 edition page 6.

This is from local NBC affiliate channel 15.
http://www.nbc15.com/home/headlines/...304718711.html

From the Wisconsin Assembly.
http://legis.wisconsin.gov/assembly/...ses%20asm.aspx

Apparently, they didn't get the memo.

Last edited by sconnyhunter; 12-11-2015 at 07:09 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.