Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Blaze Pink coming to the woods near you? >

Blaze Pink coming to the woods near you?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Blaze Pink coming to the woods near you?

Old 02-08-2016, 08:16 AM
Super Moderator

What does it matter? If it stands out in the woods is all I care about. I'll keep wearing orange and my wife or daughter can wear pink if they want. Its not a rule that is going to harm you per say. geeze lol And as far as the "gay" comment I'm pretty "gay" whenever I'm in the woods I'm pretty sure this rule was geared to the ladies that it was a homosexual male
Old 02-09-2016, 05:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

I am a male and I love pink. My wife looks great in or out of it.

Al
Old 02-09-2016, 05:22 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by alleyyooper
I am a male and I love pink. My wife looks great in or out of it.

Al
TRU DAT!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry, just couldn't resist
Old 02-09-2016, 06:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't see why it matters, recruitment has always been a big portion to our tradition and if making blaze pink can get a few more woman into hunting then so be it. And drop this crap about "tradition", the only tradition hunting has is to go out into the wilderness and kill and utilize the hunted animal. That has been our tradition since sticks and rocks, not blaze orange, camo, or have the other new crap we invent to make hunting what it is.

P.S. Yes we all have learned to associate hunter orange, but if you tell me learning to associate two colors is too much for you then it might be time to stay out of the woods.
Old 02-09-2016, 08:01 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Well said point Salty!

JW
Old 02-09-2016, 08:58 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by olsaltydog
I don't see why it matters, recruitment has always been a big portion to our tradition and if making blaze pink can get a few more woman into hunting then so be it. And drop this crap about "tradition", the only tradition hunting has is to go out into the wilderness and kill and utilize the hunted animal. That has been our tradition since sticks and rocks, not blaze orange, camo, or have the other new crap we invent to make hunting what it is.

P.S. Yes we all have learned to associate hunter orange, but if you tell me learning to associate two colors is too much for you then it might be time to stay out of the woods.
Agreed... If it was about tradition why aren't we wearing nothing but a loin cloth slinging rocks or an atlatl lol
Old 02-10-2016, 05:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Ya youngens would have a holy fit if you were to go back to 1965 thru the day they mandated blaze orange in the Michigan deer woods.
Some fellows liked Woolrich green and black checked colors in the woods, some liked the red and black (my favorite) checked in the woods, others just had a red coat or whole red suit and there were some like one of my dads friends who wore a newly out Yellow hunting suit. Yup he looked like a banana about to have a baby my dad use to say.

Even today I will only wear a blaze orange hat but I hunt private property with people that can tell a person from a squirrel or deer and make sure of their target before the trigger squeeze.

Al
Old 02-10-2016, 06:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by alleyyooper
Ya youngens would have a holy fit if you were to go back to 1965 thru the day they mandated blaze orange in the Michigan deer woods.
Some fellows liked Woolrich green and black checked colors in the woods, some liked the red and black (my favorite) checked in the woods, others just had a red coat or whole red suit and there were some like one of my dads friends who wore a newly out Yellow hunting suit. Yup he looked like a banana about to have a baby my dad use to say.

Even today I will only wear a blaze orange hat but I hunt private property with people that can tell a person from a squirrel or deer and make sure of their target before the trigger squeeze.

Al
My red & black checkerboard coat from way back when is still hanging in the closet, LOL! I also only wear an orange hat or hood depending on how cold it is out, but I'm like you and have about 500 acres almost all to myself such that I don't have to worry about getting shot by some nut. If I had to hunt down around places like Roscommon where there's a guy behind every tree I don't believe I would even go out hunting!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 02-10-2016 at 06:46 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 02-10-2016, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Public land firearm deer season Michigan, wear Blazer orange amour including get your butt pained too.
Ya if it was always like that I would find some thing safer to do like sky diving.

Al
Old 02-11-2016, 05:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default I'll just make sure

I don't have to see it in the woods. Hunting is seeing game, and staying away from amateur hunters.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.