Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Blaze Pink coming to the woods near you? >

Blaze Pink coming to the woods near you?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Blaze Pink coming to the woods near you?

Old 01-09-2016, 08:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by cr422
c'mon guys, the blaze orange thing is meant to deter the moron who will shoot at anything moving. Hopefully he'll see the color and think, "gee maybe that's not a deer." It's not as though we have been taught not to shoot at something wearing orange. For myself, I don't shoot unless I have clearly identified the target as something I'm hunting. I don't really need blaze orange/pink to keep me from shooting at you.

My wife, who knows this kind of stuff, says that the pink will stand out, to a deer, slightly less than the orange, but the difference is negligible. A color that does stand out for a deer is blue, so best to leave the denim overalls at home.
yep. exactly correct. if some gal(or guy) wants to wear pink , I have no problem with it.
actually ,here in idaho, it is not a law to wear either orange or pink. we still believe the hunter should be responsible to make up his own mind on what they wish to do to.
seems to me if any laws were to be needed, it would be for punishing the fool who " accidently" shoots a man ,thinking they are an animal. oh , wait we already have those.

it never ceases to amaze me that such things even need to be discussed.
Old 01-09-2016, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Game Stalker
If it isn't broke, don't fix it. This has economics and politics all over it.
You are exactly right. The initiaing Legislator started it because he hasn't done anything else of note in his time in office. Except raise our taxes, and his best to destroy our state.

yep. exactly correct. if some gal(or guy) wants to wear pink , I have no problem with it.
actually ,here in idaho, it is not a law to wear either orange or pink. we still believe the hunter should be responsible to make up his own mind on what they wish to do to.
seems to me if any laws were to be needed, it would be for punishing the fool who " accidently" shoots a man ,thinking they are an animal. oh , wait we already have those.

it never ceases to amaze me that such things even need to be discussed.
I brought it up as a side note of interest. To see what others thought about this topic.
Old 02-04-2016, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its official, blaze pink in Wisconsin is the law. We now have another option for "safety".
This afternoon, Gov. Walker signed into law a bill allowing hunters to wear blaze pink. Here is a link to an article.
http://fox6now.com/2016/02/04/gov-sc...ar-blaze-pink/
Old 02-04-2016, 05:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'd worry more about them selling off all the state land that they have on the chopping block in WI, rather than whether Blaze Pink is allowed in the woods.
Old 02-07-2016, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hear you. I was just updating a thread, with new information.

Not all the land that a governmental agency owns is useful to them or the public in a meaningful way. Be it for hunting, fishing or another outdoor use. So it is sold off, hopefully to a tax paying entity.
Old 02-07-2016, 07:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

Now the first day of deer season can be Gay Day in Wisconsin. I really doubt it will go over very well with men and I can't see the clothing manufacturers gearing up real quickly to make pink hunting clothing.
Old 02-07-2016, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Now the first day of deer season can be Gay Day in Wisconsin. I really doubt it will go over very well with men and I can't see the clothing manufacturers gearing up real quickly to make pink hunting clothing.
I don't think so either.
I think this was another example of feel good legislation on the part of do gooder Democrats. That is who began this stunt, a do gooder democrat. Who, till this point, didn't have anything to point to as an accomplishment.
Old 02-07-2016, 12:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yep, what an accomplishment to put on his resume'. Yep folks, I was the one that led the fight that brought blaze pink to the WI woods!
Old 02-07-2016, 01:06 PM
Banned

lol. good to know the government can still solve the serious problems. wouldn't want a gay hunter to have an accident.
Old 02-07-2016, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
......... I can't see the clothing manufacturers gearing up real quickly to make pink hunting clothing.
I think the "almighty dollar" will prevail and the marketers will be ready to make new bucks off the women next season. Happened w/guns. Question is how willing the women will be to keep it traditional.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.