Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Maryland, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia Hunters Help! >

Maryland, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia Hunters Help!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Maryland, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia Hunters Help!

Old 11-24-2015, 06:01 AM
Spike

Default Maryland, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia Hunters Help!

Hi everyone,

I'm a 5th grade science teacher from Wheeling, WV, and my class recently launched a weather balloon. It was awesome and the launch went perfectly. After about 20 minutes, however, my GPS signal cut out and we haven't heard from it since. With the little bit of data we do have, it looks like it was following right along our flight path, which was scheduled to land between Accident and Grantsville, MD. The search area is pretty large, which is why I haven't just taken a drive for a shot in the dark. It really could have landed anywhere from Cheat Lake to the PA state line to New Germany State Park in MD.

So I'm asking any of you out and about in tree stands to keep an eye for a silver box with bright green duct tape and a big orange parachute attached. It's pretty likely it came down in the woods so it could be any number of feet high as well. I also attached a red strobe, but that will probably be dying here in the next day or so.

Thanks so much for any help you can offer. Fingers crossed!

-Luke