Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting etiquette question

Old 11-22-2015, 01:35 AM
Spike

Default Hunting etiquette question

Last edited by psych_prof; 11-22-2015 at 05:57 AM.
Old 11-22-2015, 01:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lack of communication on their part, and I don't mean that mildly. When I take a new hunter into the woods, I always come back for them or show them the spot within a short distance of where I intend to meet them and when to expect me. My assumption is that these 2 are comfortable and familiar w/hunting together and have a method of meeting each other, or joining together if one gets game. It was improper for them to expect you to know how to respond without prior discussion. So, I am curious if their actions will cause you not to hunt w/them again. After this incident, perhaps communication would be more forthcoming.
Old 11-22-2015, 03:28 AM
Super Moderator

Communication is key. I take car of the hunters I take out with me. Make it clear were they should be, when they should be there, when I'll get them and where I'll come from etc. But next time before going out just clarify. "Are we meeting back here?'
-Jake
Old 11-22-2015, 05:24 AM
Banned

it probably never even occured to them you would need help as they didn't feel they needed it.as said above, communication. when hunting with others you sort of need a plan and many times are forced to stick with it.that's why I prefer to hunt alone. it's just easier to change up tactics.plus I generally have much better success if I don't have to spend time worrying about what a buddy is or is not doing.
Old 11-22-2015, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am one of 15 men that hunt a 3100 acre lease. I enjoy hunting alone. Part of that however is clear communication between me and my spouse .... where I will be and when to expect em to check in. Fortunately where I hunt has decent cell phone coverage. So my cell phone is my life line so to speak. Plus I always use the "ckub's" post out/in protocol. When several of us are on the lease we make sure we clearly communicate who is where and what time to expect us back at camp. And we never leave without all of us being accounted for. This method has come in handy on a specific event when one of our elder members did not show up after dark ... he had suffered a mild stroke and was semiconcious when we got to him. As far as bringing a guest to hunt with me, I make certain that they understand what is epected of them as far as staying put until I come to get them. I have a no tolerance "rope" on such, and if they cannot follow my expectations, it's their one and only time to hunt with me.
Old 11-22-2015, 10:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

Kinda strange, the op made a post then after the discussion starts he deletes it.
Old 11-22-2015, 11:56 AM
Dominant Buck

1 post and out...hmmmmmm. Glad this thread stayed on course. Good job everyone. I guess since post 1 is gone we can turn it into whatever we want.
Old 11-22-2015, 12:37 PM
Banned

cool. how about a joke thread?

The Taco Bell Chihuahua, a Doberman and a Bulldog are in a bar having a drink when a great-looking female Collie comes up to them and says, "Whoever can say liver and cheese in a sentence can have me."

So the Doberman says, "I love liver and cheese." The Collie replies, "That's not good enough."

The Bulldog says, "I hate liver and cheese." She says, "That's not creative enough."

Finally, the Chihuahua says, "Liver alone . . . cheese mine."
Old 11-22-2015, 12:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Translated from German. Why will Germany never have a Muzloon suicide bomber problem, there aren't 72 virgins in Germany.
Old 11-22-2015, 05:01 PM
MZS
Typical Buck

Chew with your mouth closed; don’t talk with food in your mouth; keep your elbows off of the table while eating; wash your hands after going to the restroom. If you bump into someone, say excuse me. Don’t reach across someone’s face. Don’t board a plane when they’re loading group A and you are in group D. Don’t stay behind the crosswalk when you are making a left turn and thus prevent anyone else behind you from turning. Don’t let your kids act like wild monkeys in a restaurant. Don’t touch someone’s belly when she’s pregnant–or even when she isn’t. Don’t leave cupboard doors and drawers open—someone can get hurt. And don’t pull up to the exit gate in a parking lot without your ticket handy.

Oh wait. hunting! 1. Stay about 2 miles away from wherever I hunt.