Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Opening  Day Success in Florida >

Opening Day Success in Florida

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Opening Day Success in Florida

Old 09-21-2015, 01:42 AM
Typical Buck

Default Opening Day Success in Florida

Opening weekend for bow was the 19th in my part of the woods . I went in the morning and got in about 545am. At 715pm I saw a 5 point. My club is 6 or better. He hung out for about 5 minutes and then headed into thicker stuff. I went to the same spot in the evening and got in about 545pm. At about 7 pm, I saw a deer about 70 yards straight ahead and he came from where the buck this morning went in. At the 50 yard mark I seen it was a shooter and then it bedded down for about 15 minutes, which I thought was weird. I got my bow ready because I knew he would come where I wanted him to eventually. At 720 and at 30 yards I settled in and got him in the scope. I pulled the trigger and heard the bolt hit. He bucked a little and kind of did a speed walk deal. I knew he was hit hard tail between legs and just how he reacted. I waited about 25 minutes to mark the spot where I last seen him. I went back to the truck to wait for my help for tracking. There was really no blood other than where I shot him because of the water. We ended up splitting up in a line about 25 yards apart. My help found the buck no more than 30 yards from where I last seen him, maybe went 50 yards total. I was pretty happy to find him and it didn't take long at all. I was using a TenPoint Titan crossbow topped with 100 grain 4 blade Wac Em broadhead. One blade is chiseled a little but maybe because it hit a tree or something after pass thru? Any way it ended up being an 8 point that I actually saw a month ago in the morning while hog hunting. This was my first Florida Buck and my first Buck with a bow, and the first real shot of the bow. Couldn't ask for a better weekend! The way I went I ended up finding a rub line that had at least 6 rubs. I think I'm starting on the right foot for my first year in my new club.
Attached Thumbnails Opening  Day Success in Florida-20150919_203736.jpg  
Old 09-21-2015, 02:05 AM
Fork Horn

Congratulation on the deer, first day and you tagged one. Amazing that the deer move in the 88 degree heat, we have had unusually warm weather and the deer are slow to move in the evening. Congrats again!
Old 09-21-2015, 04:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats!
Your success will add to others motivation.
Old 09-21-2015, 04:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

congrats on a opening day deer.
Old 09-21-2015, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats! Nice job
Old 09-21-2015, 12:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice buck for FL. I used to hunt Escambia and Okaloosa counties. I always took a couple of bucks a season and that one is as good as any I took.

Last edited by flags; 09-21-2015 at 01:41 PM.
Old 09-21-2015, 01:39 PM
Spike

Awesome, Congrats!
Old 09-22-2015, 12:46 AM
Typical Buck

I have 2 really nice bucks I'm after. There both 8pts. One buck has a rack past ears. The other looks like this one but twice the mass and more tall. Thanks everyone!
Old 09-22-2015, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good job on your 1st bow deer!
Old 09-24-2015, 06:01 AM
Super Moderator

Nice looking florida buck!
-Jake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.