Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Game Cameras

Old 08-17-2015, 04:40 AM
Spike

Default Game Cameras

We used to use the Moultrie game cameras and had real good luck. I have recently purchased some of the new Wildgame Innovation cameras and have had terrible luck...just cant get them to take pictures. We really liked the moultries because they took good pictures and were easy to erase cards in the field. Does anybody recommend any brand in particular?
Thanks
Old 08-17-2015, 07:43 AM
Fork Horn

I've had the exact opposite luck with Moultrie & WGI. Every WG cam I have has been the absolute best camera & especially for the price I paid for them. Do you have everything set up correctly on the WG cam? I always do the PR test before I leave the cam to make sure the camera trigger is working & that I have the camera the right height on the tree.
Old 08-20-2015, 01:32 AM
Typical Buck

I can't complain about Browning or Steatlh cam. I just got another Stealth Cam at Sams Club. Came with batteries and 8GB card for 100 bucks.
Old 08-20-2015, 05:55 AM
Typical Buck

A couple of years ago I spent considerable $$$ on then new Bushnell Trophy cams with black flash. I was assured they had the updated software & wouldn't hangup & take 900 pics in a row until the batts ran down. One works "ok", the other is a crapshoot at best! The pics they do take are great tho.

So a few weeks ago I was at Dicks & they had a sale on cams. In fact a clerk had a cart by the gamecam wall & was stocking/restocking new cams. After some looking & checking I decided on & bought 3 new ones that he was stocking from the cart. Wildgame Innovations Cloak 6 Lightsout. They were on sale for $69 + have a $10 mail in rebate. Compared to the Trophycams, these Cloaks are ALOT smaller, lighter & 100X easier to operate! The Bushnell had screens for playback but I find it easier & better to just take my IPad with me to load the pics into, erase the disc, pop them back in the cam & roll on.

I put them out Monday & am heading to my farm today for yard work so I'll likely check the cams & reset them. I hope they work & last for a couple of seasons because I sure liked their size & ease of use.

Last edited by HatchieLuvr; 08-20-2015 at 05:58 AM.
Old 08-20-2015, 10:34 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by HatchieLuvr
A couple of years ago I spent considerable $$$ on then new Bushnell Trophy cams with black flash. I was assured they had the updated software & wouldn't hangup & take 900 pics in a row until the batts ran down. One works "ok", the other is a crapshoot at best! The pics they do take are great tho.

So a few weeks ago I was at Dicks & they had a sale on cams. In fact a clerk had a cart by the gamecam wall & was stocking/restocking new cams. After some looking & checking I decided on & bought 3 new ones that he was stocking from the cart. Wildgame Innovations Cloak 6 Lightsout. They were on sale for $69 + have a $10 mail in rebate. Compared to the Trophycams, these Cloaks are ALOT smaller, lighter & 100X easier to operate! The Bushnell had screens for playback but I find it easier & better to just take my IPad with me to load the pics into, erase the disc, pop them back in the cam & roll on.

I put them out Monday & am heading to my farm today for yard work so I'll likely check the cams & reset them. I hope they work & last for a couple of seasons because I sure liked their size & ease of use.
Ditto! I also got another WG cam at Dick's! Saw them on sale & couldn't turn it down!
Old 08-20-2015, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

We run six Wildgame cameras and have been very pleased.
Old 08-21-2015, 11:19 AM
Fork Horn

I never had a problem with either brand. Right now I have 1 WGI and 3 moultries out. Only camera I won't buy is spypoint. Had problems with 2 I bought. Took great pictures but lated only 18 months. My WGI is 5 years old and been beat up by bears and moose quite a few times and still works good.
Old 08-21-2015, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

We have moutrie and WG cameras. The WG take better pictures but the moultrie cameras seem more reliable and are more user friendly IMO but I'm sure the is a lot more to it than Brand VS brand with all the different models for each brand.
Old 08-31-2015, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Covert Cameras are what i went to and never will go to anything else.