Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Stands@blinds

Old 07-05-2015, 09:35 AM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Default Stands@blinds

Whens do folks put your stands and blinds for the up and coming season.
Old 07-05-2015, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Now and usually no later than the beginning of Sept. unless situations change.
Old 07-05-2015, 11:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've got quite a few ladder stands and one ground blind covered with metal that stay out year around and are checked for any safety problems before I go into any of them each year. They are on property that I've hunted for over 40 years, so I don't need to be moving any around after patterning the deer movements for many years before placing each one where it is.
Old 07-05-2015, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Usually around now I put out my hang on stands. MOST times I hunt from climbers but there are a few choice places I hunt that you couldn't get a climber in. This year I am going to be grounded due to injuries so I need to start assessing where I am going to put in a couple of ground blinds. I have one already in that I use for smoke pole along an edge of a food plot. Just need to put out a couple for my archery season along a trail or 2 between bedding and food plot. Getting old sucks!! Getting old AND hurt sucks WORSE!!! I don't recommend it at all!
Old 07-05-2015, 12:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

super hunt54---Sorry I even made my post mentioning ladders!
Old 07-05-2015, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
Usually around now I put out my hang on stands. MOST times I hunt from climbers but there are a few choice places I hunt that you couldn't get a climber in. This year I am going to be grounded due to injuries so I need to start assessing where I am going to put in a couple of ground blinds. I have one already in that I use for smoke pole along an edge of a food plot. Just need to put out a couple for my archery season along a trail or 2 between bedding and food plot. Getting old sucks!! Getting old AND hurt sucks WORSE!!! I don't recommend it at all!
Getting Old and Hurting isn't fun, But it Sure beats being here --->
Old 07-06-2015, 06:01 AM
MZS
Typical Buck

My big permanent stand was finished up last winter and very well concealed by natural tree cover as well. Deer are pretty spooky in our back 40 so I gave them a LOT of time to get used to it. Looking forward to using it!

Otherwise, for brushing or stand maintenance, I like to have this done by mid-August.