Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

HuntStand

Old 06-11-2015, 07:14 AM
Spike

Default HuntStand

Does anyone use this hunting app, or any other app for hunting?

I really lie HuntStand as it is free and very easy to use.
Old 06-11-2015, 07:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have no idea what you are talking about, but it sounds like some kind of program we can use on our computer. Please explain what it's all about. Thanks!

Edit: Okay, I see that name at the bottom of the picture of your property in the other thread, so I now have an idea of what you're talking about. I would think there would be a way in the program to enlarge the picture so it is easy to work with. I tried with the only program I have and know how to use and all I got was a blurry mess! Maybe someone else can enlarge it for you so we can get a good look at it.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 06-11-2015 at 07:42 AM.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use a mossy oak app to see wind direction at the specific location of my stands. Its pretty simplistic and give me a better idea of wind direction and how the wind is going to channel through the terrain.

Last edited by rockport; 06-11-2015 at 09:30 AM.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Antler Insanity is what I use
Old 06-11-2015, 01:59 PM
Spike

I will check out both of those apps.

Huntstand gives wind direction, allows you to mark out your property of boundaries. You can put in where your food plots are, deer sightings/harvest, trails, rubs, droppings, etc.

I've been using it to make it easier to track the deer at home from an aerial view.
Old 06-11-2015, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Jasper912
I will check out both of those apps.

Huntstand gives wind direction, allows you to mark out your property of boundaries. You can put in where your food plots are, deer sightings/harvest, trails, rubs, droppings, etc.

I've been using it to make it easier to track the deer at home from an aerial view.
I guess that's a lot easier than me spotting and putting it in my GPS as way points. I'm not a complete tech retard but I sure aint far away from it!
Old 06-11-2015, 05:13 PM
Spike

Oh I'm terrible with tech stuff too. Thats why I like HuntStand. A buddy showed it to me last hunting season and said it was the easiest one he had used.

It's pretty easy, so I like it lol.
Old 06-13-2015, 06:01 AM
MZS
Typical Buck

The maps it generates look nice. With regard to wind direction, about the only reliable tool to give completely accurate wind info is a bit of fuzz, powder, or fluff when you are at the stand. What is reported or even forecast is sometimes not what you get on the stand. Still, it is nice to have an updated wind/weather forecast on your phone (if I had a smartphone) vs. checking accuweather at home on my computer as I do. I spend too much time on the computer as it is so I choose not to be tethered to a smart phone. Have a cell phone though.
Old 07-23-2015, 09:33 PM
Spike

Huntstand is pretty good. You guys should also check out the new Quiver Hunting App.

It gives you current weather, sunrise & sunset, wind speed and direction along with barometric pressure. You can also track individual hunts and log deer activity. Pretty slick! https://itunes.apple.com/app/id982722720

Last edited by BigCountry1010; 07-24-2015 at 06:39 AM.