Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Experience with no till food plots >

Experience with no till food plots

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Experience with no till food plots

Old 03-29-2015, 10:37 PM
Typical Buck

Where are you hunting in Jacksonville. I hunt in St Augustine. Looking to do the same thing. I'm going to try the throw and gro or secret spot. I would think clover or alfalfa would be best bet in our area or a winter rye. Definitely will have to throw out a lot of lime. At least a couple hundred pounds Depending the area. If your in more swampy stuff the soil may actually be not that bad(would not recommend a swamp due to hogs, could be a problem, but I have hunted swamp without a hog in it and all deer and turkey), if in higher dry area like pine rows it may be bad. You can pm me if you'd like and we can exchange numbers and talk about it more if you want. I plan on doing like a 1/4 acre. That's all I want to try and really needed in my type of hunting area. It's thick, figure a nice little 1/4 acre plot would do good and keep the deer where they like.

Last edited by JGFLHunter; 03-30-2015 at 06:49 AM.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:12 AM
Spike

Had the same issues for two years, This is a detailed article for someone in your situation!
http://www.buckadvisor.com/2651/bowh...art-to-finish/