Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Is it even worth the fight?

Old 01-26-2015, 05:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's like a cop who is dead set on giving you a ticket.

.................... just write it up; or can I speech to someone who still has some common courtesy or at the very less some common sense !
Old 01-26-2015, 05:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sheridan, you do not have a clue! Just what does that giberish mean? If a person violates the law, they have no reasonable expectation not to be prosecuted particularly if there is no question of a violation being committed. If they get a break with a warning, fine, however if they don't, they have no reason to complain. Since you were not at the scene, you have no idea of What happened except what you have been told by the violator who was upfront about what he did. The reason we have courts is so both sides can present their case, even when it is apperant from the violators own words he was wrong he can present a case in court. I suggest before you make inane statements about an officer you know nothing about, you hear both sides and if that is not possible, do not make pronouncements as though you know what happened. Not all that long ago here in PA we had a young WCO shot and killed by some puke who had just jacklighted two deer. He was a very good and well like officer in the area he served. He lost his life working for the sportsmen and women of our state. I don't find comments about officers any officers, by those with no knowledge about a situation either amusing or clever.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 01-26-2015 at 06:24 PM.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Oltimr,

"Not all that long ago here in PA we had a young WCO shot and killed by some puke who had just jacklighted two deer."

You must have missed the part about "common sense" .............Some of us can still tell the difference !!!

BTW - You will find no one who has more respect for "our" laws and the people who are charged with upholding them than me.

Last edited by Sheridan; 01-26-2015 at 07:28 PM.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sort of a grey area. Yes, you did carry your sons license, but it wasn't a license that could be used for a doe in that area by you, or your son.

So, it shows you had no intent to use it.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Sheridan
Oltimr,

"Not all that long ago here in PA we had a young WCO shot and killed by some puke who had just jacklighted two deer."

You must have missed the part about "common sense" .............Some of us can still tell the difference !!!

BTW - You will find no one who has more respect for "our" laws and the people who are charged with upholding them than me.
Seems as though the GW did use some common sense if he didn't write the guy a ticket for the offense!
Old 01-27-2015, 03:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

Muley, better read the OP's posts again, no where did he say the doe license he had belonging to his son was not for the area he was hunting in. Not that it matters because many doe get killed and tagged with a taq from a different management area, you have no idea how many people are out there stealing from honest hunters and they don't wear signs. Not to bust on the op but if he wouldn't have been in possession of a tag and license for a person 1 year away from the age of majority and who legally could hunt alone, and was not present hunting with the op this would not have happened. There is only one person responsible and it is not the officer who was doing his job. Sheridan, I didn't miss the part regarding common sense, you did when you made the comment so I guess you aren't one of those who can tell the difference.
Old 01-27-2015, 05:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Muley, better read the OP's posts again, no where did he say the doe license he had belonging to his son was not for the area he was hunting in. Not that it matters because many doe get killed and tagged with a taq from a different management area, you have no idea how many people are out there stealing from honest hunters and they don't wear signs. Not to bust on the op but if he wouldn't have been in possession of a tag and license for a person 1 year away from the age of majority and who legally could hunt alone, and was not present hunting with the op this would not have happened. There is only one person responsible and it is not the officer who was doing his job. Sheridan, I didn't miss the part regarding common sense, you did when you made the comment so I guess you aren't one of those who can tell the difference.

He did. Read post #6.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

Actually, I see now that he said his son does not have a doe license period so I will own that one. However, there is no difference in the way a doe tag or buck tag looks untill you pretty much have it in your hand to scrutinize it. The problem is with possessing a license or tag of another is that it is a common violation, very common to have people do it in order to kill deer ilegally, they use current tags and licenses, old expired licenses and tags, family members licenses and tags and with the old licenses we no longer have, tags not filled out and taped back onto the license. Because the violation is common, and officers do not enjoy the blessing of mind reading it is not necessary to prove what the person had in mind, only to prove they did what the law prohibits(strict liability). Did the guy intend to violate, I don't know, you don't know and the officer didn't know unless the guy was caught with the tag on a deer. If the officer files a citation he did what he was paid to do, if he gives a warning, that is within his discression if he thinks it would promote voluntary compliance in the future. But for people to criticise the officer when they do not know the law in PA or the reasons for them or if the OP's story is true,( and I have no reason to say it is not), says more about those people's character than it does about the op and the officer. Fortunately we have courts that the op can plead his case to and neither he or the officer has to depend on internet opinion instead of facts.

Muley, that was a long rant from me and you were not one of those downing the officer and it wasn't aimed at you. This kind of crap is just to common on the net and it really ticks me off.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 01-27-2015 at 06:30 AM.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'd never put a warden down. One of them is a good friend of mine. I realize in this case he was just doing his job.

Personally, I believe the OP had no bad intentions, and was doing what he said. I'm not the warden though, so that doesn't count for much.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Oldtimr,

Sheridan, I didn't miss the part regarding common sense, you did when you made the comment so I guess you aren't one of those who can tell the difference.

I wasn't the one who used a murder scenario as an example in discussion of this minor hunting infraction !

Your comment, not mine !

Are you going to "own" that one too ?!?!

Last edited by Sheridan; 01-27-2015 at 09:17 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.