Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Best hunting knives

Old 01-24-2015, 05:34 AM
Spike

Default Best hunting knives

You can visit [url]http://www.besthuntingknives.org/ The best knives for hunting,How to clean them and the best quality.

Last edited by mikey84; 01-24-2015 at 05:38 AM.
Old 01-25-2015, 06:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

The best knife for hunting is a Havalon. No need to sharpen, light weight and easy to carry.
Old 01-25-2015, 06:37 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by flags
The best knife for hunting is a Havalon. No need to sharpen, light weight and easy to carry.
+1. I absolutely agree with that statement. You can't beat the fact that you always have a razor sharp knife that requires little to no maintenance. Well worth the $30-$40 bucks!
Old 01-25-2015, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I seem to be in the minority so they must just not be for me but I can't fathom calling the Havalon the best hunting knife.

Great little backup knife I'll give it that but I know a lot of people love them so it must just be me.

Give me a little pocket steel and I can make my knife sharp again quicker than a havalon blade can be changed.

Give me an old 1095 carbon steel blade any day
Old 01-25-2015, 08:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Buck, Swing blade & Havalon (extra blades) - that's all anyone should need.
Old 01-25-2015, 08:52 PM
Spike

I like the Wyoming Knife for un-zipping a deer. After that, I just want a sharp knife, and and a hand axe for the bone below its colon.
Old 01-25-2015, 09:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Sheridan
That swing blade is hard to beat.

I guess it all depends on what your doing. Unless your butchering in the field you don't really need much to field dress an animal and IMO the swing blade is about as good as it gets for that.

For me its the sling blade for short trips, Kabar becker BK16 or modified green river for long trips or if I might need a harder working knife, and green river knives once I get an animal home. A havalon stays in the pack just in case.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like my modified Gator for field dressing. The Kalinga is too large for my liking, have two of them, and a pile of other ones. I prefer a blade of 4" or less as they are easier to work with. Even prefer the short blade for skinning. Better control.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I tend to collect stuff so I have a lot of knives but these are the ones I usually use.
From the top.
1. Outdoor edge swing blade. Its hard to beat for a whitetail knife aus8 steel
2. Kabar bk16 great hunting knife for heavier duty tasks 1095 steel
3. Modified green river buffalo skinner. Just finished it and I love it but havn't had a chance to really try it out yet 1095 steel
4&5. Green river sheath knives..great for butchering 1095 steel
6. Green river sheep skinner again for butchering 1095 steel

7. On the right handi little dexter russell paring knife with modified handle

8. on the left havalon and cold steel bird and trout. I really wanted the havalon to replace the bird and trout knife for caping and such but it just hasn't worked as well for me.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Sheridan
Plus Gerber folding bone saw, but you were asking about knives !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.