Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
What exactly are my Coyotes eating? >

What exactly are my Coyotes eating?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What exactly are my Coyotes eating?

Old 11-21-2014, 03:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Coyotes eat

rodents, road killed deer, and in the suburbs, Fifi the dog and Fluffy the cat.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

The ones I kill eat thorns for breakfast................. LOL

Maybe the most adaptable predator in North America !
Old 11-21-2014, 04:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

shoot them on sight !!
Old 11-21-2014, 04:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by deers2ward
Not to deviate from the OPs question, but to clarify my opinion that coyotes receive more blame than they deserve, at least in the southeastern US relative to whitetails (this is the Whitetail Deer Hunting forum, right?)
What makes you think whitetails only live in the Southeastern US? I have personally killed whitetails in CO, NE, KS, WY and MT. Plus they live in Canada. Maybe you didn't hear the world record was killed in Sask. Matter of fact you can even get into whitetails in WA, OR and ID.
Old 11-21-2014, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

As stated....if You see 1 or 2 Coyotes there more out there that are smarter and don't show their selfs!Go out and sit quietly one morning or late evening and see how many You hear,You'd be surprised at how many are around Your area!

Go out and hunt them,if You don't keep the hides after You shoot a Coyote give the whole thing to a local Trapper!

Last edited by GTOHunter; 11-21-2014 at 05:49 PM.
Old 11-21-2014, 08:50 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by flags
What makes you think whitetails only live in the Southeastern US? I have personally killed whitetails in CO, NE, KS, WY and MT. Plus they live in Canada. Maybe you didn't hear the world record was killed in Sask. Matter of fact you can even get into whitetails in WA, OR and ID.
Lol. ...Deleted by CalHunter...

Last edited by CalHunter; 11-22-2014 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Attacking another HNI Member--Flags
Old 11-21-2014, 08:54 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by flags
...Deleted by CalHunter...

Last edited by CalHunter; 11-22-2014 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Attacking another HNI Member--Flags
Old 11-21-2014, 09:07 PM
Spike

[quote=flags;4171233]What makes you think whitetails only live in the Southeastern US? I have personally killed whitetails in CO, NE, KS, WY and MT. QUOTE]

Where did I say whitetails only lived in the southeast?

Wow, that is really special. ...Deleted by CalHunter...

Last edited by CalHunter; 11-22-2014 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Attacking another HNI Member--Flags
Old 11-22-2014, 04:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Coyotes kill at least one third to one-half the whitetail deer fawns in this area. It used to be much worse. The fawn survival rate went up dramatically after they started trapping coyotes and shooting them from helicopters.

There's no need to throw out wild @$$ed guesses and and repeat internet trash: The wildlife folks have actually studied fawn depredation in most states.

http://www.sedsg.com/abstracts_searc...less&year=2012

i kill any coyote i can get a shot at.
Old 11-22-2014, 04:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by deers2ward

Where did I say whitetails only lived in the southeast?
Then what was the point of this comment: "coyotes receive more blame than they deserve, at least in the southeastern US relative to whitetails (this is the Whitetail Deer Hunting forum, right?)"

You specifically comment on the southeast and then ask if this is a whitetail hunting forum. Bottom line Genius, coyotes and whitetails exist in a lot more places than in the southeast of the US. Therefore things will be different in other areas of the nation in regards to the same species. I assure that on the Great Plains, coyotes eat a heck of a lot of fawns and the same is true in TX and the upper Mid-West. Biologists have done the studies and have published the data. I think I'll take the word of the professional biologists over you, an unknown entity.

WOW, you've been here a whole week and haven't made too much of an impression. Tell you what Ace, after you have hunted in 13 states, 2 Candian Provinces, 3 African countries and have over 68 species of game to your credit, then maybe I'll listen to you. You have gone on my profile and looked at the pics I have there. I know this because the forum documents visitors to profile pages. As of yet, you haven't brought much to the table that I can see. By the way, can't help but notice that you seem to be actively stalking me on multiple forums. ...Deleted by CalHunter...
Pretty childish way to be acting.

Last edited by CalHunter; 11-22-2014 at 02:30 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.