Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Buck Down!! My best yet.....Short Video >

Buck Down!! My best yet.....Short Video

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Buck Down!! My best yet.....Short Video

Old 11-17-2014, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ojibwa
nice buck and killed under legal means congrats... don't let the naysayers cut you down most would do in a heart beat if it was legal in their states.. I have hunted in states where it was legal to hunt over bait and took full advantage, I currently hunt in a state where it is illegal [and shouldn't be] I still have a feeder on my property just can't hunt within 200yds...

We as hunters need to stop attacking others who hunt under legal means just because we don't agree with their methods..

The antis call that divide and conquer

AGAIN CONGRATS..

btw this was not a canned hunt far from it , if you think it was you don't have a clue what a canned hunt is...
Ive killed lots of animals in cages, butchered and ate them I just never called it hunting.

Like I said earlier though that is not a fence that will keep deer in.
Old 11-17-2014, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ojibwa
nice buck and killed under legal means congrats... don't let the naysayers cut you down most would do in a heart beat if it was legal in their states.. I have hunted in states where it was legal to hunt over bait and took full advantage, I currently hunt in a state where it is illegal [and shouldn't be] I still have a feeder on my property just can't hunt within 200yds...

We as hunters need to stop attacking others who hunt under legal means just because we don't agree with their methods..

The antis call that divide and conquer

AGAIN CONGRATS..

btw this was not a canned hunt far from it , if you think it was you don't have a clue what a canned hunt is...
Help me understand then. What natural obstacle did the shooter overcome to bag this buck? The food source: an unnatural lure placed in a completely open area. The ambush point: similar to a small house that concealed all movement, removed the shooter from the environment of the outdoors and most likely prevented the wind from being a factor…at all.

So…I am just not understanding what there is to take pride in or get excited about. You know the deer are going to come to that spot, and you know they are not going to wind you or see you. What am I missing? Is this not something a complete novice could have pulled off?

And you have examples of anti-hunters just salivating for threads like this to appear, and then using it (somehow) to curb hunting rights?
Old 11-17-2014, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

the feeder turns me off more than the fence, but its legal in tx, congrats
RR
Old 11-17-2014, 02:30 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by rockport
Ive killed lots of animals in cages, butchered and ate them I just never called it hunting.

Like I said earlier though that is not a fence that will keep deer in.
You are correct sir and my comment was not directed at you..
Old 11-17-2014, 03:24 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by 7.62NATO
Help me understand then. What natural obstacle did the shooter overcome to bag this buck? The food source: an unnatural lure placed in a completely open area. The ambush point: similar to a small house that concealed all movement, removed the shooter from the environment of the outdoors and most likely prevented the wind from being a factor…at all.
You answered your own question here. I overcame everything by simply building a deer blind. Who knows maybe this deer blind concept will catch on one day.
So what you are saying is you aren't sitting by a used trail on the ground or in tree where the deer are known to travel (by either the outfitter sitting you down there or a camera you have set up) ready to kill it at the "ambush point" concealed with face paint and camo to "conceal all movement" and scent killer to "prevent wind from being a factor. Or is this what you do....completely taking yourself out of the element in just another way than I do.
What I'm saying is, there is more than just your way of hunting.

Geez. I can't believe I have to defend my way so hard.
Old 11-17-2014, 03:33 PM
Spike

As far as non hunters coming after us wanting us to stop, how do you expect to convince them or expect them to understand when they watch a deer come to a feeder and blast them with a hi po, just saying
Old 11-17-2014, 03:40 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by iowa whitetail
As far as non hunters coming after us wanting us to stop, how do you expect to convince them or expect them to understand when they watch a deer come to a feeder and blast them with a hi po, just saying
Haha. Yeah that's tough to defend. I'll just exercise my legal right and ability while I can. It'd be funny if you had the ability and didn't capitalize.
Old 11-17-2014, 03:49 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by DDAdventures
Haha. Yeah that's tough to defend. I'll just exercise my legal right and ability while I can. It'd be funny if you had the ability and didn't capitalize.
well fortunately ive figured out how to kill big bucks without baiting. plus what would i do go dump a 5 gal bucket of corn in the corn field?
Old 11-17-2014, 03:56 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by 7.62NATO

So…I am just not understanding what there is to take pride in or get excited about. You know the deer are going to come to that spot, and you know they are not going to wind you or see you. What am I missing? Is this not something a complete novice could have pulled off?

And you have examples of anti-hunters just salivating for threads like this to appear, and then using it (somehow) to curb hunting rights?
you are one argumentative cuss aren't you..
Old 11-17-2014, 03:59 PM
Fork Horn

I guess those of you who are against the mans methods hunt like the BENOIT brothers, you go out find a big buck track and start following it till you catch up to the deer and then shoot it.. Thats how real hunters do it isn't it..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.