Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Pa muzzle loader

Old 10-24-2014, 10:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ojibwa
do they still have that stupid antiquated law where you can only use a flint lock ?
from day after Xmas till close yup.

Old 10-25-2014, 05:07 AM
Super Moderator

I really don't get the hate for the Flintlock season.... That's similar to a rifle hunter whining because he can't use his rifle in archery... It's it's own season... It's not a "muzzle loader" season.. It's Flintlock season... It's a chance to get out in the woods and hunt, a chance to hunt in a way different than we typically do. I love the season and would be very unhappy if it ever went away.With that attitude PA should just go to an open season from October- January. Use whatever you want, hunt every day etc. It's a season, instead of complaining, buy yourself a flintlock and ENJOY HUNTING. Isn't that the point?
-Jake
Old 10-25-2014, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Uncle Nicky
I stand corrected. Maybe the word dumb was a poor choice of vocabulary. Should have used "backwards" and "outdated". I'm sure Oldtimr will come back with some rebuttal, all I have to say is sit back & wait, The Times, They are a Changing.
I don't get it? What is the problem with a Flintlock only season for Deer. If you want to hunt with a inline you have plenty of other Deer seasons to hunt in PA. The Flintlock season is a great time and is a way to hunt like the Mountain Men of long ago. I been hunting with a FL in PA from the first season. I made a FL from a CVA kit to hunt with that year. Whats the BIG DEAL and why does that bother other hunters. Its just its own season and another way to hunt Deer during a great time of year.
Hatchet Jack

Last edited by hatchet jack; 10-25-2014 at 12:24 PM.
Old 10-25-2014, 12:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

The problem isn't the season, the problem is PA has a bunch of complainers and whiners who would complain if they were hung with a new rope, if they were given a 50 dollar bill, they would complain that it wasn't a hundred dollar bill. They bought an inline, now they want to use it when they want to use it, not in the season that was provided. They can also use them in any firearms deer season except for the FLINTLOCK season. In addition to being a bunch of cry babies, they do not understand the English language, the word flintlock as a specific meaning. You see, Many PA hunters want everything easy and their way. I said many, not all, but enough to be a PAITA. PA hunters have it better now than in any time in the history of hunting in PA, but it isn't enough! Makes me ashamed sometimes of being a PA hunter.
Old 10-26-2014, 02:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
The problem isn't the season, the problem is PA has a bunch of complainers and whiners who would complain if they were hung with a new rope, if they were given a 50 dollar bill, they would complain that it wasn't a hundred dollar bill. They bought an inline, now they want to use it when they want to use it, not in the season that was provided. They can also use them in any firearms deer season except for the FLINTLOCK season. In addition to being a bunch of cry babies, they do not understand the English language, the word flintlock as a specific meaning. You see, Many PA hunters want everything easy and their way. I said many, not all, but enough to be a PAITA. PA hunters have it better now than in any time in the history of hunting in PA, but it isn't enough! Makes me ashamed sometimes of being a PA hunter.

I bet most wouldn't know a Lancaster from a Burks if they were staring them in the face...
Old 10-26-2014, 03:36 AM
Little Doe Peep

Wink

I enjoy hunting with a muzzleloader immensely. I use a Hawken style percussion cap from Cabelas and I like the idea of being traditional.

Michigan is not going to institute a flintlock only season, I'm sure. But if they did, my husband would just get me a flintlock.

I had no knowledge of hunting until I met my husband. But the fun has been, since the beginning, just doing it, whether you get a deer or not.

We love muzzleloader season because it comes in December when there's snow on the ground. We like to hunt in snow because it makes tracking so much easier. By the way, we bow hunt too. I've taken more deer with a bow than with my muzzleloader.
Old 10-26-2014, 11:17 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Blah, blah, blah...A cancer tumor gets banned from one website, and shows up at another...

None of these rants, internet sandbox tussles, or insults change my view on how backward this state is on hunting. I'm also embarrassed to say I hunt in this state. And no, I'm not leaving any time soon, and yes, I do hunt Sundays in other states. So, I'll just continue to state my position, hopefully open a few minds, and continue to write the PGC with my suggestions and sign petitions.
Old 10-26-2014, 12:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

Knock yourself out, nothing I love more than outing a whiner, You are right, you are the cancer who left one website to come here. That website has turned into a whine cellar where you fit right in. I have yet to see a post from you that gave helpful information to anyone, or provided anything worth while, all you ever do is complain about something. I see very little whining here, in fact your post was the first real whine I have seen, I hope this site stays whine free, except of course for the political forum where it is expecter. Perhaps you want to consider taking up another passtime, knitting perhaps. Have a good day.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 10-27-2014 at 12:45 PM.
Old 10-26-2014, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 10-27-2014, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator

Uncle Nicky, what do you have against a flintlock season though? How is having an ADDITIONAL season an outdated law? Most states do not have a flintlock only season. That is an extra bonus of hunting PA. I used to come from OH to hunt the flintlock season in PA specifically. So how is having extra opportunities for hunters outdated? Other than saying "It should be open to all muzzle loaders" is there any reason to be against having extra opportunities for hunters?
-Jake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.