Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Introducing myself

Old 10-17-2014, 09:37 PM
Spike

Default Introducing myself

Greetings fellow hunters,

First off let me wish each of you a safe, productive and Blessed hunting season.

I am Terry Chester from north of the DFW metroplex. This is my first post here after reading some great questions and great answers in the forum.

I have lived with a medical disability called short bowel syndrome for the last 13 years. I hunted every year up till I had a small bowel obstruction that was misdiagnosed by an er doctor. Due to his incompetence I had 3 major operations in 6 weeks resulting in only having 20 percen of my intestines left.

Lots of problems resulting from this but the good Lord was not finished with me yet.

I found that the recoils of deer caliber rifles I couldn't handle anymore, then came the mediport so needed for longterm IV therapy.

3 years ago I discovered the crossbow. Exellant discovery. Being able to get back to hunting was and is great therapy for me.

If you know someone who is disabled offer to talk hunting and fishing and to even take them with you.

Once again best o luck to you, be safe out there and leave one for me.

God Bless,

Terry Chester
Old 10-18-2014, 06:52 AM
Fork Horn

Not really sure how to reply. Glad you're able to get out again. Young, old or disabled, it's good to be doing what makes a person happy.
Old 10-18-2014, 06:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear about your limited physical condition. It sounds like you are making the most of it and that is commendable. We should all try to help others. Those that love hunting and the outdoors should not be forgotten, a few words or a few hours help would mean a lot to them. Keep up the good attitude, hopefully all of us will try to do a little better in helping those with health issues.