Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Deer Scope long range need-Burris Eliminator III Laser Scope-other options >

Deer Scope long range need-Burris Eliminator III Laser Scope-other options

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer Scope long range need-Burris Eliminator III Laser Scope-other options

Old 09-17-2014, 02:59 PM
Spike

Default Deer Scope long range need-Burris Eliminator III Laser Scope-other options

We have a new location to hunt, and there are locations where we can get shots up to about 700 yards. Now, I have purchased a 270 gun so that we have the proper starting point to take longer shots. I don't think we'd try to go 700 yards, but 4-500 would be a possibility.

OUr set up last year was a Nikon 4-12x40 Prostaff scope, which I liked because of the Spot ON technology. However, our range finder failed us when we finally had a deer out there to take a shot at.

We had it set up for my daughter with Hornady Custom Lite 120gr SST & I had it set up just prior to her last hunt with Hornady 270 Win 130 gr SST Superformance

So, I was considering getting a better range finder to start & then was looking at a better scope.

I looked at the Burris Eliminator III 4-16x50 Laser Scope because it appears to address both of our issues. We've only got a place to practice out to 250 yards, so I felt if we got this scope performing at 100 & then out to 250, then I'd feel comfortable shooting out to 400+yards once in the field.

However, I'm not sold on this scope, even though it appears to get great reviews.

Looking for some help on a scope & range finder.
Old 09-17-2014, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

rangefinder- leica or above
scope- vortex viper or leupold mark 4
there are easier ways, 500 isn't that far if your rifle is accurate enough
RR